Looking for Bog Pod Death Grip Tips

Some good advice provided. Thank you! I have decided to hang onto the Bog Pod for awhile and attempt to straighten out my techniques. I mainly purchased the Tripod thinking it would be more stable then my bi pod. I do hunt out of blinds frequently as well as walk and sit at thicket edges. I like to hunt Bobcats a lot.

It does take time to set up which I consider a drawback when I can walk along with a bipod and be set up in seconds. So I will limit it to stationary stands. Originally I noticed many predator hunters using them to hold their rifles and thought it would be neat to have a tripod ready at a moments notice. Now I just need to get it on target.

The Mtn lion in my Avatar mentioned above weighed 160 on a cattle scale and was killed in Lander Wyoming. A large cat for sure as I am 6 feet. The Tom is entered in the Boone and Crockett books.

I will start this post out by saying that I’m not as diehard as some, but do enjoy chasing predators here in NY after deer season ends till it closes at the end of March. I will probably get out 15 to 20 times between January and close. I have been following along with this thread for awhile. I always run a bogpod on all my predator hunts. I like to sit in a chair and have the bogpod set to the height where I can rest my elbows on my knees when taking the shot. I’m rock solid when I pull the trigger. It’s important to have one of the legs point right that your target, and the other two legs should be on either side of your legs. This help when the gun kicks, it kicks straight back. I’ve taken around 40 foxes and coyotes over the last three seasons with it, and a couple deer. I haven’t have any issues with mine.
I also use the bog when I sight in all of my rifles. At 100 yards with a 3 shot group I can shoot my 204 and 6mm with all three shots touching, and 17wsm pretty dang close. I always clamp my guns right before the magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mtns2hunt

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Your description closely fits my intended use of the bog except when I am walking. As I have unlimited access to my lease I will work on my technique to resemble yours to start.

I too thought I could sight in my rifles of the bog but it did not work well. Thank you.

Your description closely fits my intended use of the bog except when I am walking. As I have unlimited access to my lease I will work on my technique to resemble yours to start.

I too thought I could sight in my rifles of the bog but it did not work well. Thank you.

When I carry it, I just lock the gun in and carry it leaning over my shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk