Looking for Elk Hunting Partners/Mentors Around Colorado Springs

In a crazy turn of events, the Army actually did me a solid. I'm moving to Colorado Springs in late November/early December.

I'm an avid bowhunter but like to rifle hunt as well. Most of my experience is limited to whitetails in Texas and the southeast, but I'm wanting to maximize the next three years and do as much elk/pronghorn/mulie/bear hunting as possible. I've been doing as much research as I can into the rules/regs for Colorado, but it can be a little overwhelming.

I'd love to find someone likeminded who could show me the ropes. I can guarantee that I won't slow you down.

P.S.
In good shape. Have all the gear. Ready to pack some meat off the mountain.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Hello everyone or anyone that may see this!
My husband and I recently flew out to Colorado to hunt the Routt National Forrest to meet a guy we thought was a guide and sent us an official letterhead receipt and all with his company name “Stick Bender Magee LLC” his name is Chad Smith around 50 years old. He is NOT LICENSED and is NOT a pro staffer with FORLOH or other various companies. We have reported him to Colorado and Jackson County Sheriffs. I was told to make an account here since my goal for a while is to prevent him from stealing from other hunters if I can and hopefully find any of his other clients he told us he had. We lost just under 10K with him, gone forever, as he is a con artist by trade. He scams people in the Wyoming, Colorado and Nebraska areas.
Thank you!
Sorry to hear this and thanks for posting this valuable update.

Eddie

GCMan

FNG
In a crazy turn of events, the Army actually did me a solid. I'm moving to Colorado Springs in late November/early December.

I'm an avid bowhunter but like to rifle hunt as well. Most of my experience is limited to whitetails in Texas and the southeast, but I'm wanting to maximize the next three years and do as much elk/pronghorn/mulie/bear hunting as possible. I've been doing as much research as I can into the rules/regs for Colorado, but it can be a little overwhelming.

I'd love to find someone likeminded who could show me the ropes. I can guarantee that I won't slow you down.

P.S.
In good shape. Have all the gear. Ready to pack some meat off the mountain.
I will be hunting mule deer or elk in Colorado this year 2022 in you are interested.

ShakeDown

WKR
Where are you shooting in CR? Closest I've found is the Academy range?

I have the yearly at HRCA off Santa Fe, it’s about 15-20 from me. They have a bring-your-own-target range in Castle Pines as well, max of 60. That is about 10 min away.

I have a short range in the garage I use almost daily though.

B971EB7A-944B-484C-950A-BA63E85BFDE1.jpeg

Sidenote - the American flag’s orientation has since been corrected.