Looking for Guided Goose Duck Multi-Day

InPursuit

FNG
Looking into possibly going all out and splurging to go on a guided multi day goose/duck hunt this season. My son and dad would likely go as well, possibly my brother and my nephews. Anyone have any experience on high quality guided goose hunts ( honkers preferred ). We can travel north of the border if needed - I hear Alberta/Canada is awesome... Thx

Squirrels

WKR
Your pushing timing for Canada at this point in my opinion. I would make it happen fast or wait till next fall. But I'd would go north of the border no doubt. The generous bag limits are worth the extra affort and costs in my opinion. Do you have gear of your own. We do a DIY trip to Sask' late September/early October. Pretty cheap trip that way and never have problems getting permesion on 95% of the fields we want to hunt.

OP
InPursuit

InPursuit

FNG
Your pushing timing for Canada at this point in my opinion. I would make it happen fast or wait till next fall. But I'd would go north of the border no doubt. The generous bag limits are worth the extra affort and costs in my opinion. Do you have gear of your own. We do a DIY trip to Sask' late September/early October. Pretty cheap trip that way and never have problems getting permesion on 95% of the fields we want to hunt.

I should of mentioned the dates, Dec/Jan are the dates that work for us this year. So I would ask for referrals for areas that work during that timeframe with the migration, or I can always look to next year and go north.

KJH

WKR
If looking for a January hunt, consider western Nebraska. No shortage of canada geese that can be hunted for larger groups of people.

Look into central kansas. I don't have any reccomendation on outfitters as we freelance it but they close, then reopen their season in late January and the waterfowling is absolutely top notch those last 5 days. There's plenty of geese (memory serves me correct, specks are off limits but canada's and snows are plentiful) and ducks have been crazy good with a little scouting. If you can find an outfitter with an opening during that last 5 days or so, I have no doubt you'd be into a mess of birds.

BCSteel

FNG
I should of mentioned the dates, Dec/Jan are the dates that work for us this year. So I would ask for referrals for areas that work during that timeframe with the migration, or I can always look to next year and go north.
Most of Alberta and Saskatchewan closes for waterfowl mid December with a few areas open a week or two longer.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
If you're interested in booking for Saskatchewan/Alberta next year I could recommend a few outfitters for you. Most outfitters in Saskatchewan and Alberta now are reaching the end of their seasons. Shoot me a PM if you want to chat about it.

jmez

WKR
Look around Scottsbluff Ne that time of year. Geese everywhere. Pierre, SD would also be good. I've never used an outfitter in either place so no help there. I'm guessing by this time of year the good outfitters are going to be full.

Have made several trips to Stuttgart AK and we always had to book a year in advance.

That is a good hunt as well ducks in the am speckle bellies in the afternoon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
Look around Scottsbluff Ne that time of year. Geese everywhere. Pierre, SD would also be good. I've never used an outfitter in either place so no help there. I'm guessing by this time of year the good outfitters are going to be full.

Have made several trips to Stuttgart AK and we always had to book a year in advance.

That is a good hunt as well ducks in the am speckle bellies in the afternoon.

It's AR not AK, wouldnt want him driving the wrong direction.:cool:

No ducks down here anymore. We mostly just ride around eating little debbies, drinking coffee and talking about how good it used to be.

jmez

WKR
Sorry for the typo. Don't mean to offend all the Alaska guys!!

I think no ducks in AR is kind of like no pheasants in SD. Our pheasant numbers have really dropped the last ten years. If you aren't from SD there are still a stupid number of birds here.

If looking for a January hunt, consider western Nebraska. No shortage of canada geese that can be hunted for larger groups of people.

My buddy guides off the South Platte in western Nebraska. You'll have a good time with him, or he'll kill himself trying. He stacks up pretty embarrassing piles of birds. You can find him @bradleyretrievers on Instagram, Scott.