Looking for some new Bars/Mid day snacks to replace Clif bars. What's your fave?

TauPhi111

WKR
Clif bars (crunchy PB is my go to) have always been a staple for my mid-day foods on western hunts, but after realizing they're packed full of soy products I'm trying to find some better alternatives. Looking for something that is similar in macros/calories and is durable, but with better ingredients. What do you got?

Also, general ideas on some other pre-packaged stuff to eat on the trail mid day are welcome. I usually pack single packs of trail mix, peanuts, almonds, and cashews, Justins almond butter packets, organic fruit bars, kroger sweet and salty nut bars, Honey stinger waffles, dried fruit, and some jerky. I'll take various cheese snacks if it is going to be cold. Not a fan of the chicken or tuna packets.

Thanks everyone.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Tried alot of them, they all seem to wear on you after awhile. But have settled on pro bar. Like them all yet at this point, and less sugar than most.

Super tag

WKR
Pro bar, for me, noticeable sustained energy, sometimes I am amazed at how good I do on these

Zdub02

WKR
I've been enjoying quest bars recently. They have 21g protein. Not sure about the soy ingredients - would have to double check

taskswap

WKR
Most of these bars (including Pro Bars) are packed with soy, which I can't have. So I feel your pain. Green Belly works well for me. They do have a small amount of soy in them but just as lecithin (a thickener) not as a protein source. It's not enough to give me the runs. I also like that they're very large so I can use them either as a snack (have 1/4 to 1/2) or meal replacement (full bar). They're insanely expensive so I only buy them for hunting trips but they're worth it IMO.

For protein bars, I think Built and Barbells bars are the best tasting. Not really my cup of tea for a long hunting trip though.

For Snacks, I love the GU Chews, Nature Valley Peanut Butter Biscuits & Jack Links Jalapeno Beef & Cheese sticks. I'll eat those every day!

Drenalin

WKR
Perfect bars are great, if it's not hot out.

As to second question, add Fritos to your prepackaged goods list.

bowkill

FNG
Just tried Quest bars this summer on a scouting trip. Liked the taste and seemed to really offer an energy boost. Also a good meal replacement.

Schnee

FNG
This turkey season I ate a lot of the Nature's Bakery fig bars. Similar calories/ macros to a Clif, just a little less protein.