Looking for some new Bars/Mid day snacks to replace Clif bars. What's your fave?

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
BoBo’s, Pro bars, & Kate’s
I’ll second Kate’s real food bars! By far the best bars I’ve had and not as processed as most bars. The wife and kids love them also. Each bar is 2 servings so great for hunting.

Justin’s peanut butter packets with honey have been a favorite protein snack also.

Dbnd

FNG
Someone said it above but Perfect Bars are super tasty and pack 300+ calories for like no weight.

-Luna Lemonzest are my favorite bars currently. -Kize pb&honey are pretty tasty and super cheap but leave you feeling dry so have some water around.
-Larabar chocolate chip cookie dough

2/3 are readily found at any grocery store, that matters for some people.

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider
I use a recipe for peanut butter balls. It includes rolled oats, raw local honey, whatever kind of peanut butter you like, chia seeds, shredded coconut, and m&ms.Takes minutes to make and they freeze well. Once out of the freezer they will last quite awhile In your pack.

Cmb8316

FNG
At home I love Barebells bars, but won’t throw them in the pack until the cooler temps. When it’s warm I stick to jerky and a real hard cheese. If you watch “ the vitamin shop” online sometimes you can find a BOGO 1/2 off on the Barebells and I order an embarrassing amount of them.

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Someone said it above but Perfect Bars are super tasty and pack 300+ calories for like no weight.
Salted Caramel Pro bars have 70% of your daily Copper intake. Never seen anything like that

matthewmt

WKR
I like wilderness athlete peanut butter chocolate chip and their "pack out bites".

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think the healthiest bar is the Larabar, and the closest thing I’ve had to a Clif bar that’s healthy is a Gomacro bar. I prefer the Larabars as they don’t have the soft texture of a clif bar, and they’re tasty and healthy.

For other snacks we’ve done salami and the 4oz Tillamook cheese squares, and made trail mix from the big nut bins at Whole Foods.

IMG_6065.jpeg

I know there’s a whole Lotta fancy stuff out there, but for me it’s the regular natures valley granola bar nothing special. Been my go to for years.

todd238

FNG
Clif bars (crunchy PB is my go to) have always been a staple for my mid-day foods on western hunts, but after realizing they're packed full of soy products I'm trying to find some better alternatives. Looking for something that is similar in macros/calories and is durable, but with better ingredients. What do you got?

Also, general ideas on some other pre-packaged stuff to eat on the trail mid day are welcome. I usually pack single packs of trail mix, peanuts, almonds, and cashews, Justins almond butter packets, organic fruit bars, kroger sweet and salty nut bars, Honey stinger waffles, dried fruit, and some jerky. I'll take various cheese snacks if it is going to be cold. Not a fan of the chicken or tuna packets.

Thanks everyone.
I eat Quest brand bars, white chocolate raspberry and Chocolate chip cookie dough are my favorites

rideold

WKR
I just make my own. Dates, seeds and nuts ground up in the meat grinder mixed with dried fruit and egg whites. bake it for a half hour or so and cut into bars. I can't bring myself to buy pre-made bars when they advertise things like "only 5 ingredients"....I figure if they are so simple then I can make them myself.

Fred Bohm has a recipe that is pretty decent: http://www.fredbohm.com/blog/homemade-energy-bars

luvsdux

FNG
I like RX bars but especially the AM bars that don't melt and make a mess. The honey cinnamon peanut butter is good as is the blueberry.

rcb2000

WKR
Pro bars,, Greenbelly are hit or miss. Whoever the hell thought taking a perfectly good apple bar and making it spicy deserves everything that bar gives them on the way out.

TheHammer

WKR
I am not a fan of the quest bars. I mean they are ok, but definitely some other ones out there I like better. The mtn ops protein bars are decent, the 1st phorm meal replacement bars I like a lot, the nature valley xl protein bars I did not get sick of,, but cannot find the xl versions anymore. I typically eat one or two a day on my drive to the shop. Currently eating the quest bars as I bought them so I gotta use them.