Looking for the right pants

Cdetterer

FNG
What is everyone running for a pant for mid to late season hunts(mid Oct or late Nov). That are also available in a 32 Tall or a Medium Tall.

I have the Sitka Timberlines, and am looking for something similar.

I prefer solid color pants with some stretch to them.

Thanks Guys

Stone Glacier DeHavilland or KUIU Axis will both be similar and in my opinion significantly outperform the Timberlines in a much wider range or temperatures and conditions.

^ 100%. Would also add in kuiu attacks. Just got the new corrugate foundry this spring did great for spring turkey, time will tell if the work late season with base layers (which I am sure they will). The axis I feel are the best dedicated late season pant, waterproof panels, fleece backer, hip vents. Just make sure it's going to be cold all day, they get warm when approaching 50+.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kuiu attacks and guide depending how cold, the Stone Glacier dehaviland is a solid choice if you like full zips but not as quiiet but very durable and a solid choice,

madcalfe

WKR
kuiu talus or axis. I personally don't like the guides, the wind blows right through them.
another good pant would be fjallraven kebs

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Or the eddie bauer guide pro pants... I run mine year round with appropriate long underwear and gaiters. I even use them snowshoeing in the winter.

I wear Attacks almost daily but there is no way they are anywhere comparable to Timberlines. You'll realize this first time you kneel, sit on something wet, need to fill lots of pockets and/or have to pull up your britches cuz they don't have suspenders. Two completely different types of gear.

OrangeMan73

Lil-Rokslider
Really hard to beat timberlines, especially for mid to late season. Might be good to keep eating the grass on your side of the fence.

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
I also use the Timberlines and can't say there's anything more I'd want in a mid-late season pant. The only other one that has me interested for when the temps really dip is the not-yet-released Catalyst Foundry from First Lite.

crich

WKR
Kuiu attacks and guide depending how cold, the Stone Glacier dehaviland is a solid choice if you like full zips but not as quiiet but very durable and a solid choice,
How does the dehaviland material compare to the attacks as far a feel and thickness?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Fjallraven Keb, Montane Super Terra or regular Terra for a little lighter option than the Super Terras. The Forloh pants will be available in talls later this fall they are saying. Be another one to watch for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk