Looking to have two knives made

Stalker69

WKR
If you want like top quality hand me down knives. Look at Chopsknives.com He does amazing work, and bear bone itself is going to be pretty bland. Just white bone. He has a buddy that does remarkable ingraving as well. His sight may not show the engraving pieces, but you might want to contact him if you want something special, seriously.

The great thing about a custom forged knife is the chance to be creative! There may be additional things your maker can do to personalize the gift!
I just finished this one for a guy from his wife for their 30th anniversary. They were married in 93 so the blade is 93 layer damascus and has a mother of pearl inlay since pearl is the traditional 30th gift. Makes being a knifemaker fun!
Beautiful man, well done

OP
DMurphy

DMurphy

FNG
The great thing about a custom forged knife is the chance to be creative! There may be additional things your maker can do to personalize the gift!
I just finished this one for a guy from his wife for their 30th anniversary. They were married in 93 so the blade is 93 layer damascus and has a mother of pearl inlay since pearl is the traditional 30th gift. Makes being a knifemaker fun!
That is badass! You have a true gift.

OP
DMurphy

DMurphy

FNG
I ultimately went with a gentleman named Brian Easterling of Luckey Town Custom. Brian is based in Mississippi. After some initial discussion and an agreement on budget and general timeline, I mailed the bones to Brian. He then had them stabilized and created two absolute pieces of art. I was able to give my buddy his knife this weekend as a surprise and he would have been moved fully to tears if I had not started making fun of him just in time!
When the project was done, Brian sent a video of him slicing water bottles ala Forged in Fire (on which he is a champ, btw) and a collection of photos of the knives. These aren't just pictures, though. It is as if the knives posed for their senior pictures. I now have better photos of these knives than I do of my kids, which is appropriate because these knives turned out way better than either of my kids!
Brian was great to work with, was always responsive and answered all of my questions regardless of how annoying or repetitive the questions might have been. He finished under budget and a couple of months ahead of expectations. The only thing that keeps me from recommending Brian 100% is my fear that a review that is too favorable will create too many new customers and cause a delay in my having future knives made. For that reason, he only gets a 99% endorsement.

May be an image of knife
May be an image of knife
May be an image of knife