LRI Longrifles, Inc.

Back when I was spending money I shouldn't have been I went with the AI over a DT for trigger reasons. But as you said if OAL is a huge deal they're nice.

Yeah, the trigger isn't the best but it's plenty workable. I had an A1, not sure how the A2 triggers are. Id go AI just for the Ergos. It's just a better balanced, more easily supported layout.

OP
Nine Banger

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
The trigger on the SRS A2 is OK. I adjusted it down all the way and forgot about it.

The issues I've had with SRS A2 are:
- you have to detach M-lok attachments on the fore "grip" to get the barrels out, super annoying but workable
- monopod is over-hyped, turned out to be a waste of $
- re: ergos....when you are in deer stand, tree saddle, or teaching new shooters that futz around with their arms, its easy to push the bolt up out of battery and get a light primer strike.

I noticed:
- they have an SRSM2 now that fixes one big shortcoming with an integrated ARCA rail
- they added a full rail to SRSM2, which I can't imagine is a real issue for most people, probably only a very small segment of their buyers using night vision or thermal?
- I wonder if they made the hand guard a few millimeters bigger to account for my main gripe with clearance issues for the M-lok attachements, but it doesn't look like it in photos

The upgrades are good for a new buyer but not profound enough for an existing owner to upgrade.

Everything else is great. I did indeed come to DT for the lower overall length, I had been toting around standard bolt actions with suppressors and it didn't suit me. That was my primary reason for choosing the platform.

Last edited:

wnelson14

WKR
Also @LRI_Chad is on here. He doesn't comment often, but I am sure he will be happy to see these rave reviews. He was more than helpful with my build.
I will attest to this. he is extremely helpful, he got some stuff pushed through that was taking a long time about a year ago, and also answered many questions.

LuvDog

FNG
LRI is good people. Quick, Great Quality and Good prices. Things that don't often go together

Jbuck

FNG
I have a few by LRI. He built me a pair of stainless M70's in 6.5cm and 300wsm that I love. Identical builds except the 6.5cm is 20" and 300wsm is 24". They even shoot fairly accurately.

Screenshot_20231219_140413.jpgScreenshot_20231219_140251.jpg

Chad just posted a thread on SH showing the process (with pictures) of doing a build on the side for someone's Christmas present. It's a pretty cool look into LRI's capabilities.