LS Wild wants your help developing 15X Bino Armor.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No problem. Just trying to provide perspective from different use cases, not bashing it for not being perfect for me. I also realize putting my 10s on the tripod probably isn't necessary, especially since I admit to using them more for a quick preliminary scan than long, hard glassing. I just like having the option.

The post lives on my tripod, it doesn't get switched out. Every now and again I'll take it off and put it in my bino harness or the lid of my pack if the added length on the tripod is bugging me for one reason or another but that's rare.
Thanks, I definitely took it as awesome feedback. We appreciate it!

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Love the idea but I have a bino harness. What I don’t have is a good option for my kowa 883! Someone make a darned stay on, fitted neoprene cover for it! They’d sell like hot cakes, assuming they aren’t 150 dollars!
We don’t work in Neoprene, but a buddy has asked for a good case for it. It’s something that I consider from time to time, stay on cases. There seem to be lots of options though.

Ya think there are many of you needing a stay on case for the Kowa? Or just neoprene you are looking for?

Ucsdryder

WKR
We don’t work in Neoprene, but a buddy has asked for a good case for it. It’s something that I consider from time to time, stay on cases. There seem to be lots of options though.

Ya think there are many of you needing a stay on case for the Kowa? Or just neoprene you are looking for?
Right now there are ZERO options that I know of. Lots of guys on rokslide, and tons of birders use the kowa spotters. Seems like instead of every company coming out with the same product that’s already out there (bino harness), maybe someone could come out with a product that they’d own the market!

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll see if I can get my buddy's Kowa and sew something up.

GoatPackr

WKR
I like the idea.
I run a Kifaru pack and have asked them to make a pocket for the outside that is padded like a bino pack that will work as a bino pack .
I want to be able to carry my 15x swaro on the outside so I don't have to open my pack and pull out the binos and unwrap them from a shirt.
Being able to just un snap a pocket and put it on the tripod would be great.
Count me in for one of these. I would love to prototype one of these for you guys.

Kris

dtrkyman

WKR
I would like the ability to attach to the pack on the outside, if I am going 100 yards I just tighten up the tripod head and carry over the shoulder though.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Still a couple of days left to comment before the free bag goes out to one of the lucky commenters.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That is exactly what I do for short distances. I like to put the cover on when I do that.

Wheels

WKR
So, are you just taking it off when you are glassing and throwing in on the ground or in your pack? I like the concept, but would like something that I don’t have to chase in the wind or dig back out of my pack when I move.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So, are you just taking it off when you are glassing and throwing in on the ground or in your pack? I like the concept, but would like something that I don’t have to chase in the wind or dig back out of my pack when I move.
I have a loop and carabiner to hang it off my tripod, cause I hate the wind and digging through my pack too.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Justin Crossley can you randomly pick a winner from the comments? Anyone who commented on this thread is eligible.

I met with my partner this week going over the final changes before putting the Optic Armor into production. Plan is to release it before Thanksgiving.

GoatPackr

WKR
What's the latest on these?
Back from my 10 day trip where nearly every day I was wishing I had something like this for my big eyes

Kris

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What's the latest on these?
Back from my 10 day trip where nearly every day I was wishing I had something like this for my big eyes

Kris
Very close! Keep your eyes open, we are finishing up prototyping. It is looking very clean and sharp. We are excited.

We hope it will be very, very soon.

Some of my very first, very rough proof of concept prototypes went out again. All positive reports. No big changes needed.

3468FE27-2EDA-441F-86CD-C91AEC8B5A5E.jpeg6896201A-59A2-43AC-86B2-007D38285CBB.jpegB2B09AB7-143F-4B6C-BD92-5B628F2CF728.jpeg