LS Wild Triple S Pillow

I’m sure many of you guys have a pile of gear and the last thing you want is to buy another piece of gear and have it sit in the garage. After reaching out to @hereinaz and him telling me to try the triple s out for awhile and if I didn’t like it he would buy it back I jumped on the offer.

The first major trip with the pillow was to Alberta for a bighorn hunt a few weeks ago. We glassed and glassed and glassed some more but couldn’t find a legal ram. My backside has never been so comfortable sitting for that long. There were days that I spent 8+ hours behind the spotter and never had my butt fall asleep. I also left my sleeping pillow at home as I wanted to truly put the triple s to the test. For me it worked great as a pillow. I would just open it up fully and lay my fleece on top of it. Worked as well or better than my inflatable.

The only part that I can’t give a full review on yet is shooting off of it. At the range it has done well as a rear rest or draped over my tripod or a log as a front rest. But I haven’t been able to put it through its paces on multiple hunts yet. I will report back on the rifle rest part after the fall is over.

If you are on the fence about purchasing something from LS Wild don’t be. The triple s is well made and has already proven to be worth my money. I also have the LRO mini hunters wedge with git lite (also made by LS Wild) and it has great construction and works awesome for its intended purpose.

*both of our guides took pics of the pillow and tag and said they were buying one as soon as the hunt was over after trying it out.

Dave

TN2shot07

WKR
What’s the width on this folded out? (Deer stands) Is the fill some kind of foam? I have some lower back trouble and am always looking for a better way to sit

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It is a foam bead fill. Each section is about 7x7 and unfolded is about 7x15 and 3" of padding.

PM me, I'd like to figure out if this will work for stands or if there is something else we can make a little better. I'll send you a discount code if you buy it so you can take some time to give me feedback. Thanks.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There is a Flash Sale, 20% off for anyone tempted for their next hunt for the Triple S Pillow and the 2-5 Ultralight bag.

In stock and ready to ship.

slowelk

WKR
I have the 2-5 Ultralight bag and I use it all sorts of ways. It's rectangular shape is very versatile for shooting, and it's incredibly handy as a glassing aide. I still use a egg-crate pad for my butt, but I use the bag to pad my knee when I have one leg tucked in, as a filler behind my knee when my leg is stretched out on uneven ground. Love it!

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the 2-5 Ultralight bag and I use it all sorts of ways. It's rectangular shape is very versatile for shooting, and it's incredibly handy as a glassing aide. I still use a egg-crate pad for my butt, but I use the bag to pad my knee when I have one leg tucked in, as a filler behind my knee when my leg is stretched out on uneven ground. Love it!
Love it!

I use it for that too, fill spaces to make me comfy. I use it like the knee savers baseball catchers wear if I have to kneel to shoot.

mrcvelo

FNG
@hereinaz: I'm looking at the SSS or the 2-5 Ultralight rear bag for me and my son as we do more long range work. Which would you recommend if we only carry one thing into the field for hunting & practice? Also, is there anywhere in PHX area to try both out?

atmat

WKR
@hereinaz: I'm looking at the SSS or the 2-5 Ultralight rear bag for me and my son as we do more long range work. Which would you recommend if we only carry one thing into the field for hunting & practice? Also, is there anywhere in PHX area to try both out?

Attachments

• 1710798870257.jpeg
    1710798870257.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 30

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am in East Valley, sent you a PM.

If it were only one, the SSS pillow because you will use it all the time glassing.

The 2.5 Ultralight is the best for long range shooting. The SSS is perfectly suitable for mid range inside 400.

mrcvelo

FNG
Following up here, I spoke with @hereinaz and actually ended up with the SSS, mini ultralight, and flat waxed. All are great so far and provide plenty of options to set up for various situations including comfort when glassing

Behyot

FNG
Following up here, I spoke with @hereinaz and actually ended up with the SSS, mini ultralight, and flat waxed. All are great so far and provide plenty of options to set up for various situations including comfort when glassing
Thanks for the follow up, I was actually just reading this this morning. I'm trying to decide between the Triple S or their ultralight rear bag, a Phoenix lightweight bag, or ordering a lightweight fill and a few various sized cheaper unfilled bags to make my own. These look great, it's hard to justify the cost but it seems like most are happy with them.

mrcvelo

FNG
I agree they are worth it. If I were to get only 2 I would probably choose the SSS & mini ultralight. My son loves the ultralight and it's appropriately named and weighs next to nothing, similar to the SSS. I like the surface of the flat waxed a lot as well.

All really quality products

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
These are now on the list. The SSS is what I have been looking for.