Luci lantern

dotman

WKR
Haha, I will say the mesh is good and pretty amazing the heat it puts out. When weight isn't an issue I have Kovea adapter to use the little green propane tanks which is nice to save some $$.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I thought the mesh was good too....until I saw the light (pun most certainly intended ;) )

dotman

WKR
Haha, here is the adapter you should checkout. If I remember from previous discussions you can get the little green propane canisters in most remote AK areas easier then the isobutane. http://www.expeditionexchange.com/kovea/

Might be a good option for your float hunts.

It will also work on your stove etc.

If you get time you should do a side by side video showing the output diff.

Lil-Rokslider
Ramshead, how was your dealings with Fastech? I noticed they are located in Hong Kong.

Ramshead

Lil-Rokslider
Ramshead, how was your dealings with Fastech? I noticed they are located in Hong Kong.

I personally have made two purchases with Fastech and both arrived within about 18 days or so. No problem at all. I bought a Miller 102 charger and some Panasonic 18650 rechargeable batteries as well as the FMS 300T.

colonel00

WKR
Going back to the original conversation in this thread, I picked up a couple Luci lights as they intrigued me. I have to say that I am impressed though I have only used them around the house. My question is, does the inflatable "bubble" really do all that much as far as light diffusion? I can't seem to find any anecdotal reasoning for the inflation portion of this light other than to make it float and keep it waterproof. It almost seems like it would be lighter and more compact to just cut the plastic bag off and just use the disc with the solar panels and LEDs.