Luxe sale

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
For real lol. Im still not confident everythings gonna be in the package. I swear when I ordered it, it said it MAY include the base and now Im seeing the base on their website is a separate item lol. Also looks like I need a spark arrester? Regret already setting in.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
So it arrived. Everything was in the box but the stand which I guess is a separate item. It does include a spark arrester. Seems they changed the design from being able to have a dampener on the duct. Overall I’m satisfied but would be super weary to attempt to buy from the again. Oh and FYI the brand is called like Wild Wild West if you wanna find it from another vendor lol.

Attachments

• D38F7561-1F21-4D5D-A62B-992CBD77BBDB.jpeg
    D38F7561-1F21-4D5D-A62B-992CBD77BBDB.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 22
  • C231965E-179E-4BEE-B583-4E252813DCF4.jpeg
    C231965E-179E-4BEE-B583-4E252813DCF4.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 22
  • C6E06A41-A097-4CFB-AC7E-03A1CA930E59.jpeg
    C6E06A41-A097-4CFB-AC7E-03A1CA930E59.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 659076E0-0E97-4F86-B8F8-814E3D729141.jpeg
    659076E0-0E97-4F86-B8F8-814E3D729141.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 21

BBob

WKR
I have one of those stoves. It looks like they've changed and mby improved the damper assy. Mine is like the picture in the instructions, it packs flat and when assembled the rivets stick out and that's what keeps it from slipping into the stove and keeps the stove pipe from slipping down too far over the damper. It works fine but it a little wobbly to setup. It looks like yours is a rigid tube and has tabs and screws to hold it tight in place. Downside is it won't pack down as small?

As to the arrestor and damper change, is the slot wide enough to slip both into the same slot on top of each other?

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of those stoves. It looks like they've changed and mby improved the damper assy. Mine is like the picture in the instructions, it packs flat and when assembled the rivets stick out and that's what keeps it from slipping into the stove and keeps the stove pipe from slipping down too far over the damper. It works fine but it a little wobbly to setup. It looks like yours is a rigid tube and has tabs and screws to hold it tight in place. Downside is it won't pack down as small?

As to the arrestor and damper change, is the slot wide enough to slip both into the same slot on top of each other?
The piece is not a rigid metal pipe that screws in instead of the one you fold. It isnt much bigger than the exhaust piping so it doesnt affect the packability. The stove still folds flat so i think the packability is relatively the same. Theres only one slot now and its for the spark arrester. Mine didnt come with a damper so no idea if one would fit in there or not. Maybe ill cut one out of some sheet metal. Little annoyed by the lack of a damper but it is what it is.

BBob

WKR
Ah yeah you're right as to pack-ability. I forgot I started to just leave my damper/arrestor assy left assembled (rolled) and slip it over the rolled piping when I pack it up. FWIW my damper isn't ever slid in very far at all, I'm able to control the burn more with the door vent.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yea i was assuming most of the control would be with the door vent. Did yours do a good job warming the tent? Also, what tent did you pair it with?

BBob

WKR
Hexapeak V4 and a Hexapeak F6. Plenty of heat for those smaller tents so I'm guessing depending on outside temps it'd probably do fine on a bit larger. I actually leave the door cracked open for quite awhile while building the initial coal bed. Once that's built up pretty good I can close the door and start using the door vent. I haven't had issues with getting it to do a nice slow burn once I had a good bed of coals started.

I wasn't sure about using a setup like this so I bought it all used from another member here to try.

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
I was about to check out. I'm glad I hopped on here to check. 50% sale look too good to be true.