LW hunting suppressors

Alchemy

WKR
About to purchase one of the following suppressors, I will be using it for hunting. Don’t shoot off bench anymore except for load development and zero, practice is all field positions. I want a do-all .30 cal can for everything from my .300wsm big game rifle to my 6mm creedmoor predator gun to plinking with my SBR 5.56. I hunt out of vehicles and backpack a lot, size is important. I’m fine with giving up a couple dB for a more compact unit. Here is my short list:
-Q Trash Panda
-TBAC ultra 5
-Gunwerks 6ix
-Dead Air Sandman-K

Any others I’m missing? They are all close enough in price that it’s not a consideration personally. Also, is silencershop.com the best place to buy from?

carter33

WKR
I am in the same market and think I’m set on the TBAC ultra 5 due to size and weight as well as the positive reviews I have read. I should be getting my tax stamp and first suppressor here in a few weeks but it is a silencerco hybrid that I can put on anything from my .45 handgun to .45-70 lever rifle. Not a great option for hunting because it is long and heavy but wanted to get a versatile option to test out and see how I like suppressors in general.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
About to purchase one of the following suppressors, I will be using it for hunting. Don’t shoot off bench anymore except for load development and zero, practice is all field positions. I want a do-all .30 cal can for everything from my .300wsm big game rifle to my 6mm creedmoor predator gun to plinking with my SBR 5.56. I hunt out of vehicles and backpack a lot, size is important. I’m fine with giving up a couple dB for a more compact unit. Here is my short list:
-Q Trash Panda
-TBAC ultra 5
-Gunwerks 6ix
-Dead Air Sandman-K

Any others I’m missing? They are all close enough in price that it’s not a consideration personally. Also, is silencershop.com the best place to buy from?

I would add the SilencerCo Harvester 300 to the list. At 11oz I believe it’s as light or lighter than most on your list and mine has worked great for me for the past few years on all my rifles from .300 win mag down to .223AI.

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
You mentioned plinking with your 5.56 - titanium is said not to hold up well for rapid fire so keep that in mind. I have the TBAC ultra 9 in .30 and it’s fantastic but I understand concerns from others about weight and length. Obviously a longer suppressor with more baffles will reduce your sound signature more efficiently but I recognize your goal here - that being said I hear a lot of good reviews out of the ultra 7 for an all around hunting/plinking setup. One day when funds permit I will purchase an iconel based suppressor (like a surefire) for my 5.56 rigs, maybe up the size to 6.5 so I can go rapid on my creedmore setups. Anyway, can’t speak to the other brands you mentioned but without a doubt I can endorse TBAC

OP
Alchemy

Alchemy

WKR
Lots of love for the TBAC’s. Which mounts are you guys using? Or running direct thread? I won’t be swapping out on different rifles very often....

WKR
I use on everything from medium palma down to light sporter contours. I just put adapters on each depending on barrel diameter. I know they cost a bit, but works great for me.

I went with a TB 30 cal ultra 7 for my first, I am sure the 5” is nice and I have been tempted, but I plan on having my kid hunting with me some and if I have to take a quick shot I wanted a little better noise reduction. My 7 has been great and very very little POI shift with it on versus off.

I am running the CB break mounts so I can put it on any rifle I want. If you have all your rifles with 5/8x24 threads going direct thread might not be a terrible idea...

The CB breaks will get expensive going on several rifles, but it’s all a give and take that you’ll have to decide on.

I think you’ll find that the TB models are considered the best for precision bolt guns. I can’t speak to running them on semi autos.

WKR
One of mine. Remington B series BDL with sporter barrel at 18". Last 4 shots with 155 scenar, 30-06. Quiet, low recoil, highly accurate.

Jim Flint

FNG
I also run shorter barrels and use the CB brakes. For a "do all" option, I'd recommend an ULTRA 7.

WKR
What MV are you hitting with the short barrel 30-06?
Original barrel was 22" and got 2800 fps with 180 accubond. Cut barrel is doing 2700 fps. The 155 scenars with H4350 are giving me 2825 fps and its first time I have shot them. My 6.5-06 lost less than 125 fps after cutting it 6" down to 18".

kabarNC

FNG
I would add the SilencerCo Harvester 300 to the list. At 11oz I believe it’s as light or lighter than most on your list and mine has worked great for me for the past few years on all my rifles from .300 win mag down to .223AI.

+1, I have over 3000rds thru one, from 223 to 284Win, and has given zero problems. For the weight and price its hard to go wrong. Great customer service too..