LW shooting mats - TAB, Wiebad, Recon, Rifles Only?

fwafwow

WKR
I've pretty much settled on the CrossTac Long Range Precision shooting mat for my range use or otherwise when I don't care about bulk and weight. Now I'm looking at a handful of lighter and (in some cases) less padded versions that will fit more easily in a bag, etc. I did some searches and didn't find much covering these, so I welcome any input.
  1. Tab Gear Pollok - $65 and pretty minimalist (1.6#), but good dimensions (long at 72") and padded for elbows
  2. Wiebad - either padded ($71-$75) or simple ($44-$55). They are LW (1.6# and 1.0#, respectively). I've found quite a few posts about their bags, but I didn't see any mention of their mats.
  3. Rifles Only - $90, with padding on half, but not sure of the weight.
  4. CrossTac Recon - looks great but fairly expensive ($159) compared to the others. If this is an option, then I may need to add back the AG and one of the Sords for consideration
TIA for any input.

khuber84

WKR
MidwayUSA Pro Series Competition Shooting Mat https://a.co/d/37cWTBf

This was most common recommendation when I was looking about a decade ago and it’s all I’ve had since. No complaints.
Been rocking a couple or these for a LONG time. I hauled mine up a grueling mountain one time, and was thankful I did! Laid in wet snow for the next 3 hours waiting for my elk to show up. My buddies who were there with me were a bit envious!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks everyone. I feel like one of the (now banned) members who I teased once who posted something similar about a rifle and ended up buying one the same day - but I decided to go with the TAB Gear Pollok. Good dimensions and made outside of China

I have had that midway shooting mat for at least 12 years now. Simple, affordable and gets the job done. Not very packable if that’s what you need though.
I recently went to a neighborhood know your limits shoot, and there were door entry rugs, sleeping bags, cardboard, pickup truck winter fronts etc.. being used by shooters as mats. I was impressed with the ingenuity I saw.

Clark33

WKR
Thanks everyone. I feel like one of the (now banned) members who I teased once who posted something similar about a rifle and ended up buying one the same day - but I decided to go with the TAB Gear Pollok. Good dimensions and made outside of China
wow