Mach 34 limb question

Can anyone let me know what lb limbs came on my new Mach 34 please! They are stamped with # 13. I bought the Bow new as a 70 lb. from a dealer that said PSE sent them EC2 cams to replace the original S2 cams. It will only peak out at 68 lbs! Are these not 70 lb limbs? Can someone please let me know what I have...Thanks

it's twisted up in spec. ATA is 34 and brace is 7.25+/- .060"...I was told the limbs were 70lb with the S2 cams and it changed peak weight when the put on the EC2 cams. I'd like to get 70 lbs or a little more with twists. Maybe gonna have to find a set of # 14 limbs?

it's twisted up in spec. ATA is 34 and brace is 7.25+/- .060"...I was told the limbs were 70lb with the S2 cams and it changed peak weight when the put on the EC2 cams. I'd like to get 70 lbs or a little more with twists. Maybe gonna have to find a set of # 14 limbs?

Those are 65lb limbs with the EC2 cam. Normally the M34 comes in over 34” ATA.

Are your timing marks lined up on the cable the way it is? If it’s still between the marks you should be fine twisting them up a little more to get a few more lbs. If they are already closer to the string side I’d leave it alone.

With PSE 1 limb size is about 5lbs. I did a cam swap on my Mach 34 and was at 63lbs with 14’s. I had to go to 16’s and came in at just under 74lbs with the rest of the bow being in spec.

Last edited:
Thanks for finding out for me! I still will look for a set of 70 lb limbs. I'd like to have them since the dealer said they would add limb shims to get it to 70 lbs. I'm not keen on that idea. Anyone have a set of limbs they want to part with within reason?

Thanks for finding out for me! I still will look for a set of 70 lb limbs. I'd like to have them since the dealer said they would add limb shims to get it to 70 lbs. I'm not keen on that idea. Anyone have a set of limbs they want to part with within reason?

I just sold my old 14’s last week. I’d check the Archery Talk Classified.

There is nothing wrong with using limb shims, all it does is bends the limb slightly more. An E2 cam with that same limb also bends it more so it’s not like it will hurt the limbs at all, they are designed to bend more.
If they will add them for free I’d just do that if it were me since they are the ones that sold you a 70lb bow.

Mach 34 limbs typical shake out like this. Bow starts as an S2, if you use the same series of limbs and add an EC2 cams it will peak 3-6 lbs less. E2s will peak 6-10 lbs less.

Good info to know. Thanks. The Bow is really nice. I'm fairly tall and went with the 34 instead of the new M30. Didn't want a short ATA bow. My Mach 1 fits me ok, but the 34 "fits me". It holds and operates in every way excellent! With the info you provided, I'm happy with my purchase!

Good info to know. Thanks. The Bow is really nice. I'm fairly tall and went with the 34 instead of the new M30. Didn't want a short ATA bow. My Mach 1 fits me ok, but the 34 "fits me". It holds and operates in every way excellent! With the info you provided, I'm happy with my purchase!
It's my favorite bow of all time. I have S2, EC2 and E2 cams with different limb sets to dial it to exactly what I want it to be. It's very versatile with its specs and for me it's the ultimate hunting bow.

with a PSE the different cams require different deflections to reach peak weight, also you have to make sure the bow is in spec. 2# shy you're probably just a little out of spec.

measure from quiver side for ata , thats the standard side to measure from, id guess your long on ATA and thats your few lbs
He has the incorrect limbs for that bow, those are 65lb limbs on a Mach 34 with those cams. That was stated a couple of times already in the above posts. #13 limbs = 63-65lb limbs on an EC2 Cam Mach 34. He needs #14 limbs or to add limb shims. He could keep twisting up the cables but his draw length is going to end up out of spec and so will his BH & ATA, I'm sure the shop already twisted them as much as they were comfortable doing just to get it to 68lbs. The Mach 34's normally have over 34" ATA when in spec as well.

He has the incorrect limbs for that bow, those are 65lb limbs on a Mach 34 with those cams. That was stated a couple of times already in the above posts. #13 limbs = 63-65lb limbs on an EC2 Cam Mach 34. He needs #14 limbs or to add limb shims. He could keep twisting up the cables but his draw length is going to end up out of spec and so will his BH & ATA, I'm sure the shop already twisted them as much as they were comfortable doing just to get it to 68lbs. The Mach 34's normally have over 34" ATA when in spec as well.
ahhh I see I missed that part. my mistake thanks man !

Back