Maine Bear - Great Northern Outfitters

GasMask

FNG
Has anyone here hunted with Great Northern Outfitters (Maine)? Looking into booking for 2023. Seems there are a lot of variables throughout the state when it come to bear outfitters. We’re not looking for fancy accommodations, just the opportunity for a good bear hunt for a group of first time bear hunters. Thanks in advance & feel free to PM

I have hunted with Stonybrook Outfitters (2017) and Tomah Mountain Outfitters (2020) in Maine. Killed a bear on both hunts. I am going back to Tomah Mountain next fall. I cannot recommend Tomah enough.

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy and I are hunting with them the first week of the season. I’ve talked with Dan several times and with some of his references before booking and everything seems to point to being a quality outfitter. Hopefully in a little over a month I can be posting pictures and sharing out experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdP

WKR
I hunted with Dan Wagner in 2016. At the time his outfit was called Maine Trophy Outfitters. It appears to be the same outfit just with a new name. In fact, the MTO website goes to the GNO site. The photo of the lodge looks like the same place we stayed. Dan runs a good shop, What he does regarding tipping and who has first shot makes sense and is completely fair. I would hunt with him again in a heartbeat. Both of us did the hound hunt and tagged out.

Last edited: