Manners LRH

smith406

FNG
My opinion:

LRH Pros: built in ARCA in ideal location for tripod shooting, weight (if you want it to be light), Mini chassis option if you want it, and flexibility with different barrel contours.

I prefer the Magnus grip (i believe it's closer to the trigger which fits my hands better) and negative comb stock. If you carry your rifle by the fore end frequently it is likely more comfortable because it is narrower / less blocky.
I’ve had my LRH for over a month and heres some thoughts.

You’re not wrong on the pros category. It’s light for its’ features. I love the ease of a mini chassis as well as the versatility of the barrel channel. The arca sits at the balance point, which is where you would hold a rifle when carrying so the comfort/blocky thing is moot.

The grip things a little hard to explain. An EH-1 grip is definitely workable for me but I prefer a little less distance. Even though they measure about the same the LRH feels better. I think this is because of how they molded in the thumb shelf. In other threads it was mentioned setting back the inlet, this is a thing with Manners, but I didn’t ask so I don’t know about this stock. The mag well/arca junction might be a problem.

I can’t compare to the magnus, I’ve only monkeyed with a verdict briefly. That said the LRH is definitely my favorite lightish stock right now.

21” barrel for reference
AFCC8B0C-BC96-4881-8247-F754B3753A45.jpeg

tak

WKR

You’re not wrong on the pros category. It’s light for its’ features. I love the ease of a mini chassis as well as the versatility of the barrel channel. The arca sits at the balance point, which is where you would hold a rifle when carrying so the comfort/blocky thing is moot.

The grip things a little hard to explain. An EH-1 grip is definitely workable for me but I prefer a little less distance. Even though they measure about the same the LRH feels better. I think this is because of how they molded in the thumb shelf. In other threads it was mentioned setting back the inlet, this is a thing with Manners, but I didn’t ask so I don’t know about this stock. The mag well/arca junction might be a problem.

I can’t compare to the magnus, I’ve only monkeyed with a verdict briefly. That said the LRH is definitely my favorite lightish stock right now.

21” barrel for reference
View attachment 333667

Looks nice!
I'm itching to get mine, should be soon!

Is the pic rail up front one with a built in flush cup? I ask because I ordered with a 2" pic rail and a flush cup behind that, but I just got a call that they couldn't do a flush cup on the bottom. I was worried because with longer pic rails I don't feel like I have much real estate on the bottom of the stock to rest if not using bipod or Arca. Yours looks good though, the pic rail is far forward.

smith406

FNG
It does have the flush cup but the cal lever blocks it. Also a fan of how far they pushed the rail forward.

Reactions: tak

Flyjunky

WKR

21” barrel for reference
View attachment 333667
I'm assuming you ordered yours directly from Manners? How long was the wait?

I'm building a rifle right now and I was debating between this and the EH1....the arca is probably the deciding factor.

bradb

WKR
To me holding and comparing to a eh1(I have a few eh1) in there shop, the grip is thinner on the LRH and I like that better. For end also felt a little thinner . I have small hands so a little thinner is better. Then the other pro's that have been stated already. For me I would like it with a Alterra buttstock from grip back, I have not played with the gunwerks. I have no desire for a mini chasis so that has no barring to me.
I did order one when I was there and they had a few un inlett blanks on hand that were not spoken for so mine should be here before long.

Last edited:

smith406

FNG
Yes I ordered directly from Manners out of the flat top stock section.

It was a 74 day wait but I did change some details of the order a couple weeks into it which could have extended it.

tak

WKR
Yes I ordered directly from Manners out of the flat top stock section.

It was a 74 day wait but I did change some details of the order a couple weeks into it which could have extended it.

Wow! Flattop is m the way to go!

I'm 5 months in on mine

21” barrel for reference
View attachment 333667
What was the final weight of your stock? Does it handle recoil impulse well? I have a ultralight magnum build in the works and the stock is the final piece.

smith406

FNG
On a kitchen scale as it arrived from manners it was 37.6 oz.
MCS-LRH, ELITE TAC SCORCHED EARTH MOLDED
  • Action Inlet:
    MACK BROS EVO SA
  • Right or Left Handed:
    RIGHT HANDED
  • Trigger Guard Inlet ($189.00):
    MCS-M5 MINI CHASSIS
  • Barrel Manufacturer:
    BARTLEIN
  • Barrel Contour or Measurements:
    3B
  • Hardware Options ($49.00):
    ATLAS BT-15 RAIL
  • Hardware Options ($18.00):
    FLUSH CUP NON-ROTATING 3

Hawkins Precision Hunter DBM (Short Action) w/ Screws 3.6oz.

ormandj

FNG
@smith406

Is that weight with the Hawkins bottom metal (Precision Hunter DBM) installed, or just the mini-chassis + rail + cups? Thank you for posting, that's super helpful!

Great looking rifle.

smith406

FNG
Bottom metal is not included in the 37.6. Separating it so someone can swag out a close weight with the bottom metal of their choosing.

tak

WKR
Looks like I'm close!

6459a7ab91b7fa0a140af4b30edc273b.jpg

bradb

WKR
I called them when I was driving past the first week of Dec and they told me mine was in the first finish. I have not heard anything since

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered on of the Flat Top LRH stocks Aug 4 with a "6-8 week lead time". Was hoping to be able to use it for antelope season.

A couple weeks ago I was told it wouldn't be untill after the new year. If I'm lucky maybe it will be done before spring bear rolls around.

ormandj

FNG
What’s the length of the forend for an aftermarket (RRS USR) rail? Ideally measured from the front of the M5 bottom metal cutout to the tip, but also from the magwell to the tip (like the included arca rail - I could do the same kind of split cut and chamfer, but install a full-length rail instead of the short 3.5”). I’m thinking about skipping the included ARCA and just doing a full-length.

Last edited:

tak

WKR
What’s the length of the forend for an aftermarket (RRS USR) rail? Ideally measured from the front of the M5 bottom metal cutout to the tip, but also from the magwell to the tip (like the included arca rail - I could do the same kind of split cut and chamfer, but install a full-length rail instead of the short 3.5”). I’m thinking about skipping the included ARCA and just doing a full-length.

I can measure tonight for you. Per the tracking, mine should arrive today!

ormandj

FNG
I can measure tonight for you. Per the tracking, mine should arrive today!
Congratulations! If you don't mind taking some measurements/including some information about the cheek spacer(s) that'd be awesome too. Manners doesn't list any of this on their website for whatever reason.