Manners LRH

tak

WKR
Here's my long action.
Weighs about 2 lbs and 3-4 oz. (Not sure how accurate my scale is). I have a BT15 front pic rail, and 4 other flush cups, so that weight is probably close for a long action with a little extra hardware.

It is 12 inches from the action screw to the absolute front of the fore end. You could mount a universal 10" rail easily, but if they made an integrated full length arca it could be nearly 12 inches.

The cheek piece comes with the spacers installed and is up 1/2". I measured this before I took the cheek piece off and that adds up. Once off, there are 3 spacers. One is 1/4" and the other two are 1/8". So the cheek piece can be set anywhere from 0 to 1/2" in 1/8" increments. I put the 1/4" spacer in and re-installed for the other picture.

My only slight annoyance is the CF on bottom of the mag well area doesn't come all the way forward to the arca plate. This just seems to be a discrepancy between the short action and long action versions. See picture. Not a huge deal, I'll have to see how it looks with the bottom metal in.

0e39e1ccac2d60e2d6310969b6a0ba7d.jpg

Last edited:

ormandj

FNG
Great photos and write up, thank you so much for the measurements and information, as well. I see what you mean with the slight gap, that is a little annoying but it doesn’t look horrible or anything.

tak

WKR
Great photos and write up, thank you so much for the measurements and information, as well. I see what you mean with the slight gap, that is a little annoying but it doesn’t look horrible or anything.

Thanks, you're planning to put an RRS universal rail on it?

I meant to take a picture of all three spacers with the screw, but I forgot before it out it back on. Those two in the picture are 1/8" each.

Here's a better picture of the gap between the stock and the arca rail, which is a much cleaner fit on the short actions.

734c2a1191b361ef9c60c246b82b5a31.jpg

ormandj

FNG
Yes, I was considering the RRS universal rail, I’ve got R-lock adapters on everything already. I was thinking I might take one of the universal rails and cut it much like they did the little 3.5” rail, so I could mount it the same way. My only issue is the rail is obviously metal, so going to be cold when it’s cold out. On my primary stock I’ve got a carbon fiber RRS/ARCA style rail that avoids this issue, but it’s integrated into the foreend. I don’t see any available for sale aftermarket, and I don’t have necessary equipment to create CF parts.

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
That looks great thank you for posting. I have the same stock on order with manners in elite swamp camo, Which color is that on your stock.

tak

WKR
That looks great thank you for posting. I have the same stock on order with manners in elite swamp camo, Which color is that on your stock.

Midnight Camo,

I really like the swamp color, I just have never seen one in person, and it looked quite different in all the photos I googled. I figured the midnight would look good with the tungsten cerakote I was planning for this rifle.

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
Cant wait for mine to arrive still a few months out. I’ll post pictures with the swamp camo after it arrives. After seeing your stock here in Midnight camo it looks like I will be ordering a EH1 tikka stock in that color for a tikka upgrade I’m doing.

Reactions: tak
I wasn’t real fond of them when they first released them but after getting my batch in and handling several, they are an amazing piece of work! I’ll definitely be using one in the future. These lasted all but about an hour before I sold out LOL

f7e046175e82b695a3fa0837b700561f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ormandj

FNG
@Robinhood21 mind putting the number vs. color pattern legend on there? That’s a great picture showing the options next to each other, so I’d love to know which is which!

Vandy321

WKR
33oz, geez. I guess if it doesn't shoot well you can always beat them to death with it

kabarNC

FNG
For all you guys waiting months for these stocks, there's online stores that get these in regularly. I got on a notification list at Altus, and had one in my hand within a week and a half.

IMG-20220110-WA0016.jpeg

@Robinhood21 mind putting the number vs. color pattern legend on there? That’s a great picture showing the options next to each other, so I’d love to know which is which!

1,2,3 - TOMMY BAHAMA

4, 5 - SWAMP

6, 7 - BACK N BLACK

8, 9 - MOSS

10 - HIGHPLAINS

11 - CUSTOM COLOR - FDE & LIGHT GREY

12 - SCORCHED EARTH

13 - GAP

tak

WKR
1,2,3 - TOMMY BAHAMA

4, 5 - SWAMP

6, 7 - BACK N BLACK

8, 9 - MOSS

10 - HIGHPLAINS

11 - CUSTOM COLOR - FDE & LIGHT GREY

12 - SCORCHED EARTH

13 - GAP

Thanks!
I was wondering also on a couple of them.

BigPrince

FNG
For all you guys waiting months for these stocks, there's online stores that get these in regularly. I got on a notification list at Altus, and had one in my hand within a week and a half.

View attachment 370939
Got an SA from them also. Is that a Bighorn origin? My "Competition" bolt handle hits the molded notch on full close. Does yours? Have been hesitant to shave it open. On an EH1 I wouldn't give it another thought with the way that bolt notch is.

BigPrince

FNG
Yeah, it touches a little with my helical diamond bolt also.
Thanks. With the molded in notch I don't feel I can shave it to clear for full bolt close and make it look right. Going to move back to an EH1. This stock has already been back to Manners twice and not going back a third time.

ormandj

FNG
Thanks. With the molded in notch I don't feel I can shave it to clear for full bolt close and make it look right. Going to move back to an EH1. This stock has already been back to Manners twice and not going back a third time.
Ouch, that's not good. Thanks for the report.