Manners pro hunter vs MDT HNT26

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in need of some first hand opinions of those who own the pro hunter and or HNT26. I'm about to purchase one for a new build I've almost completed. I'm leaning towards the pro hunter but weight is a huge consideration. I already own a XLR element 4.0 folder and like it very much but I hunt in northern Michigan and it gets cold sitting with it in the blind.

350 legend, origin action, Hart rem sendero and nightforce 1-8. Overkill I know.

Pro hunter.
Is the comb high enough for med rings?
Actual weight with M5 mini chassis?
How much slimmer is the grip compared to and EH1 or the like?

MDT HNT26.
How is it holding up in general to include the arca rail if you have it?
Is it front or rear heavy?
To fold or not to fold?

I have and EH1, PRS 1/2 and XLR element if anyone has those to compare to. Any other thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NSI

WKR
I'm in need of some first hand opinions of those who own the pro hunter and or HNT26. I'm about to purchase one for a new build I've almost completed. I'm leaning towards the pro hunter but weight is a huge consideration. I already own a XLR element 4.0 folder and like it very much but I hunt in northern Michigan and it gets cold sitting with it in the blind.

350 legend, origin action, Hart rem sendero and nightforce 1-8. Overkill I know.

Pro hunter.
Is the comb high enough for med rings?
Actual weight with M5 mini chassis?
How much slimmer is the grip compared to and EH1 or the like?

MDT HNT26.
How is it holding up in general to include the arca rail if you have it?
Is it front or rear heavy?
To fold or not to fold?

I have and EH1, PRS 1/2 and XLR element if anyone has those to compare to. Any other thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Only have the MDT since Manners refuses to inlet the PH for a Tikka.

The ARCA and folder have held up better than I expected with only slight paint wear at the hinge. The hinge locks up very tight and the ARCA slips like any ARCA under fire but doesn't damage the chassis.

My main issue with the folder is simply that the stock sits so far away from the action when folded due to the hinge geometry. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence strapping to a pack.

-J

OP
Bigwilly556

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
My main issue with the folder is simply that the stock sits so far away from the action when folded due to the hinge geometry. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence strapping to a pack
That was one of my concerns. Thanks.

khuber84

WKR
I have a hnt26, has a zermatt Ti3 action in it, have heavy to light barrels for it. I really like it. My arca bipod is adjustable for clamp pressure, so it doesn't slip, the hinge is rock solid! When I swap barrels, I clamp in to the muzzle and leave the action in the chassis, as I've heard constant removing/install of the forend will lead to less than new tight minimal flex fitment. I love the fact I can set LOP to what I want, I have mine at 12.8" as I shoot this off a Tripod kneeling or standing most often, I square my body completely to the rifle and tuck the butt under my clavicle.
I want a pro hunter pretty badly, weight will be a wash after you add a dbm to the stock. Usually I see them at 13.5" lop with a 1" recoil pad I could remove pad and use a 0.4" pacmeryer 500b and have my desired 12.9" lop. However.......manners has always a pretty distrant reach from grip to trigger, you can't change that like you can on the hnt26.

OP
Bigwilly556

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
I have a hnt26, has a zermatt Ti3 action in it, have heavy to light barrels for it. I really like it. My arca bipod is adjustable for clamp pressure, so it doesn't slip, the hinge is rock solid! When I swap barrels, I clamp in to the muzzle and leave the action in the chassis, as I've heard constant removing/install of the forend will lead to less than new tight minimal flex fitment. I love the fact I can set LOP to what I want, I have mine at 12.8" as I shoot this off a Tripod kneeling or standing most often, I square my body completely to the rifle and tuck the butt under my clavicle.
I want a pro hunter pretty badly, weight will be a wash after you add a dbm to the stock. Usually I see them at 13.5" lop with a 1" recoil pad I could remove pad and use a 0.4" pacmeryer 500b and have my desired 12.9" lop. However.......manners has always a pretty distrant reach from grip to trigger, you can't change that like you can on the hnt26.
Great info. Now I have to buy both .

Do you find the Hnt26 front heavy with the heavy weight barrel in it? I have a 16.5 rem varmint contour with suppressor going in mine.

khuber84

WKR

Do you find the Hnt26 front heavy with the heavy weight barrel in it? I have a 16.5 rem varmint contour with suppressor going in mine.
I usually have a 24" m24 with supressor in it, weighs 12.2# with 3-18 t6xi. Balances where it should on a shmedium game changer bag shooting off props. That puts the balance point bout half way out the forend. Just installed the 20" proof sendero 65cm barrel and it changed the balance point dramatically towards the magazine well. Going to shoot it today so I'll give you more feedback later. With the short rem varm you'll be good, as my 24" m24 pipe is 6#, you short rem varm is prob near 3#. My 20" proof is 2# 10oz. I do run a TBAC ultra7 supressor out front all these too, so that adds extra mass out front.

khuber84

WKR

With the 20" carbon 65cm pipe and ultra7, balance points is about 2" in front the front action screw. I will say, 156 Bergers at 2700fps from the lil rifle has some push!

OP
Bigwilly556

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
That's sounds perfect for shooting off a tripod. My 16.5 308 with 178 eld-m at 2550 ultra 5 also has a bit of push. Sounds like you have a good barrel. I'll be ordering a Hnt26 I suppose.

Thanks again!
Andy

khuber84

WKR
That's sounds perfect for shooting off a tripod. My 16.5 308 with 178 eld-m at 2550 ultra 5 also has a bit of push. Sounds like you have a good barrel. I'll be ordering a Hnt26 I suppose.

Thanks again!
Andy
The arca rail clipped into my head is a bit ahead the balance point so it's juts slightly butt heavy when clipped. If I run my pint sized liteweight bag atop the Tripod Apex I can get it balanced better. Usually I bag as it's a lil faster to set up for me, and I don't feel I'm sacrificing any stability as I primarily shoot off the bag in matches, clipping takes too long on a clock. If I have a lot of time, am I a blind or a hide, I will clip in.

6.5x284

WKR
I’m also curious to hear from PH owners how the cheek weld is? Is it high enough or do you wish you would have gotten an adjustable one

High enough for me. Zeiss 3-18x50 in Hawkins Hybrid lows. With mediums I noticed cheek rest was a tad low but even with mediums it wasn’t enough I would have wished for the weight of an adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khuber84

WKR
Just ordered an in stock manners PH, has mini chassis so will not save my any weight over the folding arca hnt26. After sbooting my hnt26 prone, there's not crap back there for using a rear bag. Someone needs come out with a 3d print bag rider that interfaces with the sling stud screw. LOP is 13.5 with a 1" pad, so gonna re-pad with a thin pad to cut my LOP down a lil bit.