Marathon, Florida Fishing

Will_m

WKR
Anybody have experience with any charters out of Marathon? Looking at going in August possibly for a bachelor party and was thinking of doing something offshore preferably. Bottom fishing or trolling whatever is hot that time of year.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
If you go offshore, Mahi, Blackfin tuna, Wahoo (4-6 guys). Inshore can be fun also tarpon, permit, snook (1-3 Guys). I usually ask local tackle shops (Don’t book through them) for recommendations.

Aug. 6 is the start of lobster season. That can be fun if you’ve never done it. Snorkel (or dive) with a tickle stick and net.

It will be hot need to be on or in the water.

Grumman

WKR
We are going down to that area in July. I hope to take the family fishing while we are there. I will pass along any recommendations we come up with. I get sick looking at a boat so I am looking for something not too far offshore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
We are going down to that area in July. I hope to take the family fishing while we are there. I will pass along any recommendations we come up with. I get sick looking at a boat so I am looking for something not too far offshore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Go inshore, smaller boat. Water is mostly flat unless tropical storm swings by.

gibby97

FNG
Check out Anna Banana Fishing Charters. Did a charter with them in January, they did a good job putting us on fish.

sladegb

FNG
I would personally refer Florida Keys Fun Fishing to book your next trip down there. They have multiple options to target what species you are trying to catch as well as gear and food to bring out on a full or half-day trip. They offer deep sea fishing, shark fishing, fly fishing, backcountry fishing, and the list keeps going. Give them a look online, you won't regret choosing them.