Marmot Blaze Orange Fleece

I just picked one of these up and very impressed for $30. Looks like free shipping offer has expired. Similar to Patagonia R1. They call it Redrock but it's really a Blaze Orange. Size large weighs 16.8 oz so not the lightest.

Last edited:
I read some reviews comparing the fit to the Patagonia r1 and it said the marmot fit slightly more athletic. I have r1's in large and wouldn't want them any tighter so I ordered this in xl. I'll post how it compares when it arrives.

Looking at the size chart I'm XL for chest and M for sleeve length. Should I just skip this one then? Seems like it might be wonky. This sort of reminds me of the Sitka Fanatic hoody which also fit me weird and really tight in the arms. I sure would like the solid orange lighter weight top in certain situations though.

OP
Huntingpreacher
Looking at the size chart I'm XL for chest and M for sleeve length. Should I just skip this one then? Seems like it might be wonky. This sort of reminds me of the Sitka Fanatic hoody which also fit me weird and really tight in the arms. I sure would like the solid orange lighter weight top in certain situations though.
It sounds like you're right. The fit might be weird. For $30 it's a super good deal so not sure if it's worth the chance.

So my xl arrived today. I'd say it's very close in fit to my Patagonia R1's. Only real difference is the sleeve length. This marmot xl has sleeves that are probably around 3 to 4" longer than the R1. Not a deal breaker, but noticeable.