Marpat ILBE lid on Duplex frame?

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if this will work? Can't really justify a Guide Lid or a Longhunter right now, but I saw that these are going for about $13 on ebay. I could really use a lid for my Nomad, and this seems like it may be just the ticket for the interim.

yardwork

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it could be made to work and for $13 is certainly worth a try. The pictures I see online make it appear that you may have to fiddle with re-configuring the straps or sew some new ones on but that isn't a big deal for a lid. Go for it! Post some photos in the DIY when you get it done.

WoodBow

WKR
I run the ilbe lid on a duplex with a diy bag. I made the bag to work with the lid so i can't say for sure that it will work for you. Solid lid though.

OP
C

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Alright, I ordered one. When it gets here I will mess around and get some photos posted. $13, I gotta at least try it.

Fisher624

FNG
I have an ILBE lid on a bikini. I traded the top buckles for 3 bar sliders and put them through the two rectangular loops on the top. Got the 3 bar sliders from mil spec monkey.
For now I haven't cut off the male SR buckles on the bottom of the lid. I clip them into the females on top of my grab it.
But depending on your bag, you'll have to figure out where to buckle the lid down.

OP
C

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
I have an ILBE lid on a bikini. I traded the top buckles for 3 bar sliders and put them through the two rectangular loops on the top. Got the 3 bar sliders from mil spec monkey.
For now I haven't cut off the male SR buckles on the bottom of the lid. I clip them into the females on top of my grab it.
But depending on your bag, you'll have to figure out where to buckle the lid down.
That sounds like a plan. The males should be easy, my bag is a Nomad so I've got the two inner straps to use between the wings.

yardwork

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn't resist and ordered one myself. I think it will work without too much fiddling on my MW. Thanks for the idea!

OP
C

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn't resist and ordered one myself. I think it will work without too much fiddling on my MW. Thanks for the idea!

No problem! Sometimes I can be a cheap @$$, but I'm hoping this works out as well as I think! Should be in Monday, so I'll play around and try to post some pictures before Xmas.

yardwork

Lil-Rokslider
I don't want to steal the show but my lid arrived earlier today so I took a few minutes to try it out. It worked very well on my Mountain Warrior bag.

The female buckles on the lid front clip right up with the male buckles on the bag. I worried they wouldnt for half a second then remembered how much Kifaru does with the military and realized they'd likely clip right up and they did.

The back took a tiny bit more work. I found a buckle in my junk drawer and it worked too, but only one so I have to remember where I got it. I grabbed the female side which was didn't have an adjuster on it so I grabbed a three bar slider and made up what is shown in the photos below. It works pretty well and I didn't and won't hack anything off the pack.

Close-up

Thanks again for the idea. This frees up a few future bucks for some pockets or other stuff sacks.

OP
C

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
I don't want to steal the show but my lid arrived earlier today so I took a few minutes to try it out. It worked very well on my Mountain Warrior bag.

The female buckles on the lid front clip right up with the male buckles on the bag. I worried they wouldnt for half a second then remembered how much Kifaru does with the military and realized they'd likely clip right up and they did.

The back took a tiny bit more work. I found a buckle in my junk drawer and it worked too, but only one so I have to remember where I got it. I grabbed the female side which was didn't have an adjuster on it so I grabbed a three bar slider and made up what is shown in the photos below. It works pretty well and I didn't and won't hack anything off the pack.

Close-up

Thanks again for the idea. This frees up a few future bucks for some pockets or other stuff sacks.

That's awesome, cant wait for mine to come in. I have tons of spare buckles, g-hooks, etc laying around, I shouldnt have any problem at all.