Marsupial Bino Harness

Hockley

FNG
I ordered a Marsupial harness after hearing good reviews. Upon receipt and testing I am concerned about how open and exposed the sides of the harness are. Has anyone had issues with a bunch of dust and debris getting in? I like everything else about the harness, just concerned about that.

I am thinking of going with the new Sitka harness instead. I like the idea of being able to fully zip it, or use the flap with the magnet.

I haven't noticed much debris getting into the bino harness on scouting trips or hunts.

Some good news - if you like the Marsupial and support small business - I've seen a few posts that hint at a new design that includes larger elastic side pockets and an enclosed bino pouch. You should be able to pick up the bag only option and hook it up to your existing straps (once it comes out of course).

I don't know what you use it for but dust is going to do what dust does. I've used the Kuiu, AGC, Adak, Marsupial, all of them let dust in. Debris is relative. Back in the day we just wore them on straps around our neck. The bigger think IMO is keeping moisture off of the lenses, especially when it's actively precipitating.

New guy to posting here....longtime lurker and hunting old guy:)....Badlands is my favorite if you want silent, "full coverage. Their no questions asked warranty is awesome. And - in cases where you want a minimalist approach....the Ultralight Bino Harness by Rick Young Outdoors - with their neoprene Bino cover is great. Just use flip off covers on the eyeball end of your Binos if you really want to keep them dust free.
Hope that helps!
T

I have a Kuiu, Marsupial and the Sitka Bino Harness. My go to is the Sitka bino system its comfortable, fits my binoculars very well and protects them from brush and dust better than the other two. I do like the Marsupials extra pockets.

I ordered a Marsupial harness after hearing good reviews. Upon receipt and testing I am concerned about how open and exposed the sides of the harness are. Has anyone had issues with a bunch of dust and debris getting in? I like everything else about the harness, just concerned about that.

I am thinking of going with the new Sitka harness instead. I like the idea of being able to fully zip it, or use the flap with the magnet.

Is it a Large Ranger green?

Marsupial also has a rain cover that works great for keeping dust and of course rain out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like my marsupial. The magnets offer the best closure system imo. I haven’t had dust or debris issues with mine and I’m putting swaros inside so I definitely trust it.

Back