marsupial enclosed pouch messing with Onx

Vernon

FNG
I've read where people state the magnets on these bino cases have messed with their compasses and/or the compasses on their phones. I currently own the badland magnetic pouch and have never noticed any interference. I use my Onx on my Iphone quite a bit so was curious on any first hand knowledge about the magnets affecting cell phone compasses. Thanks in advance

It’s been discussed many times. Hit or miss is the consensus. I personally have seen it happen. It’s more of an annoyance because I usually realize pretty quickly what is happening and it is quickly correctable…but it is really annoying.

I’m going to give KUIU a try next because it is just one less thing to worry about, and I don’t like the design of the Marsupial non magnetic harness.

nobody

WKR
Had it happen this past fall. Walked in circles in the pitch dark trying to get to a glassing knob before sunrise during the elk hunt. This was literally the first time I took the Marsupial pouch out. First 15 minutes of using it and it messed with my compass. It finally dawned on me that maybe the magnets were messing with things, so I handed my wife the phone to navigate us and things straightened right out. This was with an iPhone XR. I sold it to a buddy the next week and he says he hasn't had any problems, so YMMV. Currently running the KUIU Pro and couldn't be happier.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...

OP
V

Vernon

FNG
Thanks for the response! the badlands one I use for my big binos have never interferred with my onx. I run the FHF and the Kuiu harness on my other binos and love them. Just like fully enclosed for my good pair due to dust and weather. thanks again