Marsupial Gear bino harness?

If you are tempted, I would make the plunge. I was able to sell my Kuiu harness used and pick on of these up with little out of pocket. There are so many other things that are much more important on hunt. It is nice to start eliminating items that you find issue with. For me, I could never find a harness I was 100% happy with. From the butler creek spandex harness to the AGC to the Kuiu, I always had issues with them. Some more troublesome than others. The Marsupial is almost perfect. I say almost because any item can be improved upon.

MattB

WKR
If it wasn't make of Cordura (too noisy for bowhunting IMO) this looks like it would be the best bino harness on the market. The autolock buckles seem like overkill for this applications.

OP

WKR
How much noise can a bino harness create? Is it putting binos in and out of them that's the problem or moving through the brush?

MattB

WKR
How much noise can a bino harness create? Is it putting binos in and out of them that's the problem or moving through the brush?

I bought the AGC and the shape of the pouch resulted in a much tighter fit than the Kuiu, so it made noise removing and replacing my binocs. On a still day in close, it's too much noise.

Kingston

FNG
I've got a couple AGC packs. One for a Minox HG 8x56mm and one for a ULTRAVID HD+ 8x42. I keep my iPhone in the elastic on the top flap, a Sig Kilo in the front pouch, zeiss lens wipes and a 44mag speed loader in the side pockets. Similar to Marsupial's bino safety straps, I made straps from para cord for the AGC pouch. My binocular often lays on the front of the pouch, hanging from these straps. I see an advantage to Marsupial's design, making it easier to drop the binos into the pouch. Made in the USA is big plus. I'm most often returning the optic directly to the pouch in inclement weather. This could be a weakness of the Marsupial, as the open flap fails to prevent rain or snow from getting in the empty pouch and on the inside surface of the flap, unless closed immediately after removing the optic and then reopened prior to returning.

Just a quick update:
After shooting my Defiant 34 for a few 300s and taking a lap around the 3d course today I give the harness an A+. The Diamondback 8x42's go in and out smoothly, quietly, and one handed. There were some does by one of the targets and I crept up to within 20 yards of a feeding fawn. I opened the pouch and removed the binos then put them back- the fawn didn't lift its head. Put them in and out over and over and eventually spooked the deer. I think it'll be just fine for bowhunting. It's very comfortable and didn't bounce, or sag. For my shot draw and the 34" ata bow (Hoyt claims it has a 36" ata string angle) the string only came close to the harness on steep uphill shots. The flat and downhill shots were non issue. If you're on the fence about trying one, I'd say go for it.

Oh and the inner pockets now lie flat for me and do not get caught on the lip of the binos any more.

daddie63

WKR
I ended up ordering a medium for my Swaro 10x50 SLC. I run my binos with the eye cups fully extended and the flap wouldn't fold all the way over the top when closed and the magnets wouldn't engage. I called Jim to discuss it and he said he would send me large and a prepaid return shipping label. He had my new large harness shipped out the same day. Damn good.service in my book since he.didn't receive the medium back yet.
I didn't get to spend much time with the pack but I really liked what I saw and how it rode while I did have it. Jim seems like a good guy too.
Definitely worth checking out in my opinion.

Felix40

WKR
I think I'm about to order one myself. Couple questions for guys who have them. If you bend over is there a chance that your binos will slide out? Also, do you think there is enough clearance to shoot a recurve with it on?

mrgreen

WKR
I'm also very interested in these. Can anyone describe what might fit in the front pocket, a knife or spare ammo perhaps?

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 44392

Placed an order for these Tuesdays night and accidentally purchased a size medium when I needed a small. Contacted Marsupial using the "Contact us" tab on their website. By the time I woke Wednesday morning I had an email from Jim stating he had corrected the order and a size small was on the way. Additionally, in no time, I had a $2 refund in my PayPal account for the difference in cost. Received them in the mail today and thus far, couldn't be more pleased with the customer service as well as the harness itself. Looking forward to putting them to use in the morning.

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
With the binos in the pack, you're limited for space in the front pocket. I've got 10x42 vipers in mine and I was able to put a diapham call and chapstick in the front pocket. I've got a havalon in one of the side pockets but it sticks halfway out of the pocket.

Felix40

WKR
I'm very impressed with mine. Got a large in the mail today and my vultures are just a perfect fit. You aren't going to get much more than diaphrams in the front pocket. I bet that's what it's made for. I would honestly prefer if there were no pockets and they could make them cheaper since you can't really get much in the little pockets. Everything else about it is perfect as far as it concerned. I can't get my binos to fall out no matter how hard I try but I can get them out with one hand to use them. Easy to shoot the recurve with it on too. The lanyards for the binos are removable too which I took advantage of.

I use the pockets for cleaning stuff for the optics and maybe a wind checker. This is exactly why I love this harness. The AGC is to big for my liking. I like the smaller profile of the Marsupial. I have no need to carry half of my stuff on my chest.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got this in the mail today. Very impressed with the design improvements.
4698b129940ee0c2a34c743aa36c9a2a.jpg
00ee0db4e87240c042273992e58933c0.jpg
closure secured with flap up or down

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robust hardware with tether system for binoculars
02f60bfe62313602621558b02839923b.jpg

Size is comparable to my previous kuiu system but seems slightly heavier
0f5036db0c6b9a7539b4a95a1a3f28f5.jpg

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tether has quick release buckles so removing binocular from harness is quick and easy. Harness back is classic V style
91b9299263be5314de626b43971f40e7.jpg
which breaths better but some find less comfortable.

The outer material is condra but isn't excessively noisy similar to fhf. I used the fhf and didn't have a noise issue spooking animals while bow hunting.
Only downside for me is inside nylon fabric makes a slight swish noise when retrieving binocular (noted below slightly sanded fabric to solve) Hopefully this lessens as harness is broken in. This is a grand slam design with a softer silent material inside. Still a home run if noiseless removing binoculars.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tried washing but it didn't help much with noise.
Ended up lightly sanding the interior and exterior of the pouch until it just fuzzed.
9c6008ab1ff18549eaa9c5a269c91e7a.jpg

This really cut down on the noise I don't think it be an issue going forward. I'll try and update as I use the marsupial this season.