Massive fee increase for Idaho's unit 5 - CDA tribal reservation.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Looking at their regulations... I don't see a moose season on the reservation if you draw a unit 5 tag ? Is that the case that there is no moose season for non residential reservation members if you pay the $600?
Don't think the tribe can do that, but don't quote me on that, call ID F&G....all of Unit 5 should be open to ID OIL tag drawers. The rez fee is separate from that ID F&G tag.

Moose numbers were way down, so maybe that has some bearing on what the tribe is attempting there.

It's not 'moose' per se', but the tribe is enforcing.
Spoke to our local butcher the other day, and he told me that in November tribal game officers busted a guy (who had a legal ID hunting license and deer tag) for shooting a buck without a 'rez' tag. They took his rifle, his deer and they fined him.

When I posted this thread I suspected they would beef up LEO and that they did.
It's all pretty sh tty imho, but it is what it is.

Wolfe78

FNG
Don't think the tribe can do that, but don't quote me on that, call ID F&G....all of Unit 5 should be open to ID OIL tag drawers. The rez fee is separate from that ID F&G tag.

Moose numbers were way down, so maybe that has some bearing on what the tribe is attempting there.

Spoke to our local butcher the other day, and he told me that in November tribal game officers busted a guy (who had a legal ID hunting license and deer tag) for shooting a buck without a 'rez' tag. They took his rifle, his deer and they fined him.

It's all pretty sh tty imho, but it is what it

It's all pretty sh tty imho, but it is what it is.
Interesting. Thank you for the info

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
On reservations in Montana you can't hunt unless you purchase Tribal tag & guide...Tribal lands are sovereign...just like another country. You're not supposed to hunt private land on the reservation...I always wondered why that wasn't enforced in Northern Idaho.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I am confused what actually constitutes tribal land. I hunt private in the area for turkeys and deer but have some public spots I’ve been eyeing as well.

Taylord9

FNG
I am confused what actually constitutes tribal land. I hunt private in the area for turkeys and deer but have some public spots I’ve been eyeing as well.
Same, like if onx says cda tribe don’t go on it but if it says anything else in the state that we can hunt then hunt it. That’s what I figured

BigAl!

WKR
Bringing this old thread to the top. Does anyone know if you can hunt on private non-tribal land within the boundary? In other words, does the tribe have jurisdiction on such land? I plan to call the region 1 office to discuss too.

N.ID7803

WKR
Bringing this old thread to the top. Does anyone know if you can hunt on private non-tribal land within the boundary? In other words, does the tribe have jurisdiction on such land? I plan to call the region 1 office to discuss too.
The only land the permit is needed for is land that the CDA tribe actually owns outright. Private non-triabal land within the reservation is huntable without the permit. I hope this is what they tell you at fish and game this is what they told me. I am a landowner on the rez.

BigAl!

WKR
The only land the permit is needed for is land that the CDA tribe actually owns outright. Private non-triabal land within the reservation is huntable without the permit. I hope this is what they tell you at fish and game this is what they told me. I am a landowner on the rez.
Appreciate the info. Thanks.