Mathews Atlas setup

831hunter

FNG
Ive narrowed down a new bow to the Mathews atlas (33" Draw) just curious if anybody else would share there setups that have worked for them? Arrows, rest, stabilizer, sight ect... Don't have the bow yet looking hopefully for a lightly used one but water to start amassing components for the build. Thanks!

Had the atlas for 2 seasons now. Qad rest, Mathew’s low pro quiver, Mathew’s 8” stabilizer, fmj arrow (around 600g). Fast Eddie spot hog sight.

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 33" draw with Atlas. I think the sight, rest and stabilizers are largely a matter of personal preference. Regards to arrows, I've been running Black Eagle X-impact with ethics archery components up front with good luck. I've been playing with arrow weights from 550 to 600 grains. I've moved around with vain type and configuration and haven't found anything alarming, they all shoot pretty well for me. I just built up some with AAE Hybrid Hunter veins but haven't had a chance to shoot them yet.

ndfb35

FNG
If you are new to archery there are so many things to learn and to choose from. If you have had a bow in the past, I would concur with what was said above about using what you have liked in the past.

Some of my favorite brands and items are Montana Black Golds, Mountain Lite sight, Hamskea Epsilon, Sirius Archery Products Gemini and Orion arrows, QAD Exodus broadheads, DCA Super Sabre vanes and a PSE Mach 34 that also goes to 33" of DL.

These things are what I have settled on from 14 years of trying various archery products and have found to be what works for me. Some people may not like my choices at all and I may not like their choices but if you choose a product from the reputable brands you really can't go wrong.

Last edited:

danwolf

FNG
For components, sometimes S&S archery has some used or returned sights and rests for sale. I like to get my MBG sights customized through them.

Ive narrowed down a new bow to the Mathews atlas (33" Draw) just curious if anybody else would share there setups that have worked for them? Arrows, rest, stabilizer, sight ect... Don't have the bow yet looking hopefully for a lightly used one but water to start amassing components for the build. Thanks!
Had issues with the hamskea epsilon with the cord being so long to the limbs so went with QAD and am enjoying it. Rampages are great arrows and no need for anything more than a b stinger on the stabilizers. Tommy Hogg has been a great sight