Mathews lead times?

Mackerel

FNG
I ordered a 31.5 vxr last week and haven’t been able to get a guesstimate on the lead time for when it might ship. I know the Rona had them shutdown for a few months and has put them way behind but I was curious if anyone had more information on their lead times?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
You gonna wait as long as it takes. :LOL:

I've been waiting for some 65# A 85% & 80% modules for my VXR for 2 weeks now. Great bow. Covid messed everone up. Hoyt has been faster but only by a little. Also been waiting on a 80lb PSE to come into the pro shop for 6 weeks now that they have had on order.

OP
M

Mackerel

FNG
You gonna wait as long as it takes. :LOL:

I've been waiting for some 65# A 85% & 80% modules for my VXR for 2 weeks now. Great bow. Covid messed everone up. Hoyt has been faster but only by a little. Also been waiting on a 80lb PSE to come into the pro shop for 6 weeks now that they have had on order.
Deer season is still months away but I have the itch NOW 😂 trying to figure out how long I have to save up for trying a new rest and decide between a MBG or a spothogg or if I should stick with my kingpin or 5 pin react sight.
I may need to see a doctor about my obsession for trying different setups on my bows...

marktole

WKR
Guys at the bow shop told me 8-10 weeks a few weeks ago for Mathews lead time. Luckily I was just asking out of curiosity, and didn’t have anything on order I was waiting on.

Also heard some bow manufacturers may not release a 2021 model bow this fall, which is a welcome relief to my bank account if it turns out to be true.

OP
M

Mackerel

FNG
Guys at the bow shop told me 8-10 weeks a few weeks ago for Mathews lead time. Luckily I was just asking out of curiosity, and didn’t have anything on order I was waiting on.

Also heard some bow manufacturers may not release a 2021 model bow this fall, which is a welcome relief to my bank account if it turns out to be true.
I wish the manufacturers would delay it a year and let the engineers have time to work and release more innovative equipment. I can barely tell a difference in the Hoyt bows from 6-7 years ago to now. All loud, lightweight and priced double their worth. (Just my opinion, I’ve owned several and always traded to something else).

marktole

WKR
I wish the manufacturers would delay it a year and let the engineers have time to work and release more innovative equipment. I can barely tell a difference in the Hoyt bows from 6-7 years ago to now. All loud, lightweight and priced double their worth. (Just my opinion, I’ve owned several and always traded to something else).

Well, they've got to make money on suckers like me, so they keep releasing them yearly. I agree that a bow released every 2-3 years would be more worthwhile as far as improvements to the previous model bow. In the past 4 or 5 years I have had a Carbon Spyder ZT34, RX-1, and a RX-4. The newest, "best" one, the RX-4, has actually been my least favorite. Pretty much a dead even tie between the other two.

The reason for not releasing a 2021 bow was because of how far behind some manufacturers were at one point due to covid shut downs. They would pretty much get caught up and immediately be behind again with a new release. I guess that could be a good problem to have when you are trying to make money. Be interesting to see what happens this fall with it!

OP
M

Mackerel

FNG
Thanks guys, it’s kind of a bummer but I’ll have time to get some overtime to pay for a for a new sight, rest and stabs so I can sell my old set up as a package instead of a bare bow.

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered my VXR 31.5
Feb 20th, just got in last week!
I was starting to get awfully worried....

NLHoks

FNG
Reviving this thread. Anyone ordered a bow from Mathews recently? Have their lead times improved at all from this summer?

I ordered a 31.5 thru my local dealer 7/30 and got it 9/10. Might have been delayed a bit bc I got custom strings.

MAndrews

FNG
Reviving this thread. Anyone ordered a bow from Mathews recently? Have their lead times improved at all from this summer?
Just ordered a new TRX38G2 target bow on October 8th, current ETA is "around" January 1, 2021. Since this is a new model that may be part of the issue. Talked to a guy at the shop that was having his new PSE set-up, his wait time was 4 weeks from order to delivery. FWIW, the shop I buy from is a consistent Mathews Top 100 shop so I suspect they get as good of delivery as most anyone.