Long Taxidermy Lead Times

TexasTom

FNG
Almost two years is way too long. I’m about 9 months in and feel like it’s taking forever.

I just got a whitetail and blackbuck from 2021 back yesterday. Good, reputable taxidermist that I've used several times. It's a one man operation and he stays super busy so honestly that's about average for him. Times just vary but he tells you upfront it could be as long as 2 years depending on how busy he gets.

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Im a taxidermist and can attest to the tanneries being behind. During Covid several tanners closed doors and also some taxidermist closed adding to the backlog. I do most of my own tanning to help combat that headache but supplies are still at times behind and I had a couple lifesize bears I sent to the tanners in fall 21 and just received them back in late December 22. So Tannery issues are a valid concern. I know three full time guys within a couple hours of me that are running 18-24 month turn around. The workload is heavy for good top end taxidermy. I limit my intake on gameheads to allow a 6-12 month turn around lifesize get put on back burner as I specialize in game heads and are closer to 24 months