Mathew’s lift?

MT257

WKR
Got a 29.5, put a new string on it the bow draws ok with top hats with ring on center of top hat. Had to swap those out to paper tune. This is where I run into issues. Now I have contact on the bottom cam when the thicker part of cam comes to the yolk on left side of riser if looking from back of bow. To make sure it wasn’t the string I put factory strings on same result. I also swapped one of the limbs around to see if that would change anything. Same issue. I have since put it back to how it came from factory and me scratching My head on what to do. Has anyone else seen this? Any other suggestions?

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
Somebody on Archery Talk might be able to help you out with that. Mathew's Lift information is plenty there. Good Luck,wish I could be of more help.

You may need to re route the cables through the roller guard- switch them. I see that’s what many are needing to do if moving the cams. I’d do some research first - make sure you routed them correctly on the swap.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
I’ll re route the cables, want to say I tried that after reading that solved some issues over at archery talk.

Am I crazy to think that I should be able to use any of the top hat sets in the bow without issue?

Also, at what point do I contact Mathew’s?

LFC911

WKR
I’ll re route the cables, want to say I tried that after reading that solved some issues over at archery talk.

Am I crazy to think that I should be able to use any of the top hat sets in the bow without issue?

Is going back to where you purchased it not an option? I would think it would still be under warranty.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Is going back to where you purchased it not an option? I would think it would still be under warranty.
Yes. I viewed that as contacting Mathew’s for warranty because I believe one needs to go through the dealer.

Kinda. The top hats are really to balance the deflection, so using them to the extremes can cause problems because it's getting cam lean out of whack. Extremes meaning cam is leaning towards cable guard, then you move it away from the cable guard, which actually makes it lean more. The shims are to give you options to help balance everything out.

They are going to tell you to take it to your dealer.

Edit: I see you clarified that. If the bow is tuned, cam lean is good, still rubbing, I'd take it into your dealer.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Kinda. The top hats are really to balance the deflection, so using them to the extremes can cause problems because it's getting cam lean out of whack. Extremes meaning cam is leaning towards cable guard, then you move it away from the cable guard, which actually makes it lean more. The shims are to give you options to help balance everything out.

They are going to tell you to take it to your dealer.

Edit: I see you clarified that. If the bow is tuned, cam lean is good, still rubbing, I'd take it into your dealer.
So I started trying to tune bow, had top hats with rings in middle of top hat from store. Set up bow and had tail right tear. Swapped them out for ones to push cam right this is where I started running into issues. Didn’t matter if I changed both sets or only one I get contact. So I’m confused as to why I shouldn’t be concerned I can not use different top hats to get the bow to tune. In all my other past Mathew’s that had top hats I had zero issue using any of the top hats.

So I started trying to tune bow, had top hats with rings in middle of top hat from store. Set up bow and had tail right tear. Swapped them out for ones to push cam right this is where I started running into issues. Didn’t matter if I changed both sets or only one I get contact. So I’m confused as to why I shouldn’t be concerned I can not use different top hats to get the bow to tune. In all my other past Mathew’s that had top hats I had zero issue using any of the top hats.

You shouldn't have issue getting it to tune. I'm just saying it's not like all bows are going to be able to use all top hat configurations because each individual bow has slightly different limb deflections.

OP
M

MT257

WKR
You shouldn't have issue getting it to tune. I'm just saying it's not like all bows are going to be able to use all top hat configurations because each individual bow has slightly different limb deflections.
Other than re routing the cables I’m not sure what else to do to get rid of the contact between cam and yoke. Since I can’t depend on top hats to tune or remove contact.

Other than re routing the cables I’m not sure what else to do to get rid of the contact between cam and yoke. Since I can’t depend on top hats to tune or remove contact.

I'd say just get another set of eyes on it. There's things I overlook until someone else notices.

Are you just shooting through paper currently?

Is your tail right fletched or bareshaft in paper?

OP
M

MT257

WKR
I'd say just get another set of eyes on it. There's things I overlook until someone else notices.

Are you just shooting through paper currently?

Is your tail right fletched or bareshaft in paper?
Shot three arrows through paper. Then swapped top hats, which was followed by yolk contact