Mathews v3 set ups

Hey guys, sitting here waiting and waiting for my v3 to show up. I’ll be running a v3 31 this year in Spector camo , 30 inch draw 70lbs, spot Hogg fast eddy XL double pin , hamskea trinity pro rest, nock on release.ultra row grip, 260 spine hexx cut to 29inchs , with 75 grain brass and 125grain sevrs 1.5!

what’s everyone v3 looking like this year!
Thanks for sharing !

flyboy214

FNG
Also playing the waiting game here. Stone V3 31 65# 80% letoff 28" draw, ascent verdict single pin, smackdown pro rest, stokerize front bar & back bar.
The arrows are 28.25" Sirius Apollos with 75 gr ethics insert and 125 gr point. TAW is 495 grains. Bohning arrow wraps and blazers.

contemplating custom strings. I have shot JBK, Catfish Custom and most recently 60X.

OP
Mackenzieb91
Also playing the waiting game here. Stone V3 31 65# 80% letoff 28" draw, ascent verdict single pin, smackdown pro rest, stokerize front bar & back bar.
The arrows are 28.25" Sirius Apollos with 75 gr ethics insert and 125 gr point. TAW is 495 grains. Bohning arrow wraps and blazers.

contemplating custom strings. I have shot JBK, Catfish Custom and most recently 60X.
Sounds like a sweet set up! I had gas strings on my VXR 28 they were awesome no twist in the peep at all. I may get a set for the v3 when it get here

I'm working on my V3 31 setup right now. This is my first compound bow. It's ambush green with black limbs, 27 inch and 65#. I have a Fast Eddied XL 5-pin and was planning to put on the Hamskea Versa rest but my shop just called and told me it doesn't fit with the new centerguard cable containment. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue? Does the Hamskea Trinity fit on the V3? I may end up with a QAD. I'm planning to stick with stock strings for this year and will switch them next year. I'll be putting the Q-lite quiver on.

OP
Mackenzieb91
I'm working on my V3 31 setup right now. This is my first compound bow. It's ambush green with black limbs, 27 inch and 65#. I have a Fast Eddied XL 5-pin and was planning to put on the Hamskea Versa rest but my shop just called and told me it doesn't fit with the new centerguard cable containment. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue? Does the Hamskea Trinity fit on the V3? I may end up with a QAD. I'm planning to stick with stock strings for this year and will switch them next year. I'll be putting the Q-lite quiver on.
I know a few of the pros like Chris bee and Levi Morgan shoot hamskeas on their V3 and I'm almost certain they shoot trinity pros. give me a week and ill let ya know for sure if mine mounts on it or not lol.

Add me to the list "patiently" waiting lol. Ordered mine december 27th, anybody know anything about the wait time?

I have most of my setup here to install. Stone gray v3 31, 75# 29.5 draw. QAD ultrarest HDX, MBG mountain lite site, Easton 6.5mm arrows, Muzzy one brodheads, also planning on the Q-Lite quiver.

OP
Mackenzieb91
Add me to the list "patiently" waiting lol. Ordered mine december 27th, anybody know anything about the wait time?

I have most of my setup here to install. Stone gray v3 31, 75# 29.5 draw. QAD ultrarest HDX, MBG mountain lite site, Easton 6.5mm arrows, Muzzy one brodheads, also planning on the Q-Lite quiver.
i ordered mine on November 22 5 days after the release, and my bow "just left Mathews assembly " Last week , rep saying they were swamped with orders and damned this year. but it don't matter at the end of the day all is forgotten when the bows in our hands.

JDB9818

WKR
Had mine for a little while now. I haven’t been a Mathews guy for a few years but as of now this is one of my favorites.

2532f1e174c7b2eceaddc3f2f76ab1be.jpg

8ec5c791b1dc77b4f2b4bad2d41cfbca.jpg

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
27 Real Tree Edge, Viper Sidewinder sight, Hamskea Trinity Pro, Bee Stinger 10.8 kit, Tight Spot 7 arrow quiver, GT Kinetic Kaos 28 inch 460 total grain, Stan release. 29.5 / 70

Attachments

• C0FEB3EE-4F71-4E4B-AC5C-12733CE04AB9.jpeg
    C0FEB3EE-4F71-4E4B-AC5C-12733CE04AB9.jpeg
    698.5 KB · Views: 106

flyboy214

FNG
Looking for input for front and back bar stabilizer setups on the V3 31. Western hunting for elk and mule deer mostly. No rush because my bow is probably a few months out. What lengths and weights on the stabilizers.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty much done with my v3 just playing with different stabilizers,
Doing the 27 in full sub alpine with 65# @80% mods, currently on a 26" draw as they didn't have 26.5 in stock so whenever the longer mods show up I'll go a little longer.
Trinity pro in coyote
Option 6 with 5 pins
Mathews HD claw 4 quiver
I have the ultraview breal grip on it but I don't love it and I'm thinking about returning it. I like the flat back, however it's slippery and I was torqueing the bow real bad as it likes to slide more towards my palm, I'd prefer if it had a "ball" built into it to kinda cup my palm and also if it was sueded a little more to hold a little better. For $75 I'm not sold yet
Currently 10°bee qd with 8" TAP hybrid hunter on the front
Mathews static on the back with a 10" spider
With the quiver coming in the mail yesterday the balance is waaay off. I have it set up heads down and it pulls hard low right (duh) so I'm still getting balance worked with it on.
Anyway it's set at 64# right now and I haven't chrono'd at that weight, but at 60 with a 435grain arrow I was getting 260fps .
Same arrow same weight my rx4 rang in at 250fps with 85% mods.

Tried uploading pics, got low memory message or server errors, must be too big?

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty much done with my v3 just playing with different stabilizers,
Doing the 27 in full sub alpine with 65# @80% mods, currently on a 26" draw as they didn't have 26.5 in stock so whenever the longer mods show up I'll go a little longer.
Trinity pro in coyote
Option 6 with 5 pins
Mathews HD claw 4 quiver
I have the ultraview breal grip on it but I don't love it and I'm thinking about returning it. I like the flat back, however it's slippery and I was torqueing the bow real bad as it likes to slide more towards my palm, I'd prefer if it had a "ball" built into it to kinda cup my palm and also if it was sueded a little more to hold a little better. For $75 I'm not sold yet
Currently 10°bee qd with 8" TAP hybrid hunter on the front
Mathews static on the back with a 10" spider
With the quiver coming in the mail yesterday the balance is waaay off. I have it set up heads down and it pulls hard low right (duh) so I'm still getting balance worked with it on.
Anyway it's set at 64# right now and I haven't chrono'd at that weight, but at 60 with a 435grain arrow I was getting 260fps .
Same arrow same weight my rx4 rang in at 250fps with 85% mods.

Tried uploading pics, got low memory message or server errors, must be too big?
That is interesting, hoping that I see similar results. I too have a short DL (26") and with the exact same arrow weight, I was getting 257 out of my SR6 @ 66 lbs. on the performance mod, so when I ordered my V3 I went 70 lb. and 80% letoff. I'll probably end up backing it out a turn (for now), but will be very pleased if those velocity numbers hold up.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
That is interesting, hoping that I see similar results. I too have a short DL (26") and with the exact same arrow weight, I was getting 257 out of my SR6 @ 66 lbs. on the performance mod, so when I ordered my V3 I went 70 lb. and 80% letoff. I'll probably end up backing it out a turn (for now), but will be very pleased if those velocity numbers hold up.
I went outside today (previous was inside) and chrono'd again, at 64# this time and still came up with 260fps. When the wind and rain dies down again in the PNW I'll give it another go and see if it bumps up.
The rx4 was ranging between 246 and 252 so I think there's more left in it depending on placement through the antennae

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
My V3 out of the box was 72lbs, once those Zebra strings wear some I anticipate losing a lb or 2 that’s 29 inches. I am going to 29.5 when I have replace my strings because I have the room in my draw. My V3 chronoed 295FPS with a 460 grain arrow.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered mine on February 27. V3 31 in Ambush Green with olive and buckskin strings/serving. 28.5" DL and 65# with QAD Integrate rest, Axcel Accutouch Carbon Pro slider, and UltraView UV2 Scope. I haven't decided on arrows yet but started picking up some shafts so that I can try out a few different ones.

Vandal 44

WKR
My V-3 31 is a work in progress. Ambush Green, Hamskea Rest, Spot Hogg Fast Eddie Double Pin, Not sure on the quiver either the Option Quivalizer or the Mathews Web. The stabilizer's are so old not sure what they are. Custom Sting and Cable from Spokane Valley Archery.

Bow is 60 pounds backed down to 53 pounds, 30" draw. I am shooting either a Victory RIP Elite 350 with a 150 or 175 grain Valkyrie Blood Eagle or the Victory VAP Elite with the Valkyrie components and the 160 or 180 Jagger. the arrows weigh between 430 grains to 455 grains. The speed is crazy fast 259 FPS (LOL)

Attachments

• Mathews 1.jpg
    Mathews 1.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Mathews 2.jpg
    Mathews 2.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 87
I went with the 31 in ambush. It was the only color they had in lefty so that was that...
Spot Hogg Hunter 7 pin. QAD micro adjust. Bee Stringer 10” microhex with 4 oz up front and an 8* Shrewd QD. BE Rampage 300’s. 28”, 80% and 75# mods.