Matt Cashell input welcome

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Matt,

In previous reviews you’ve recommended som great glass and I’d like your opininow as I’m contemplating upping my glass game. I am comparing:

RF binos
-Zeiss Victory RF 10x 42
-Leica Geovid 3200 10x42

Non-RF binos
-Zeiss Victory SF 10x42
-Leica Noctivid 10x42
-Leica Ultravid HD Plus 10x42 (Slightly less than the other two)

Backup Binos
-Zeiss Conquest 10x42
-Leica Trinovid 10x42
-Nikon Monarch HG 10x42
-Meopta MeoPro Air 10x42
-Meopta MeoStar B1.1 Plus

Big Binos
-Swarovski SLC 15x56
-Meopta MeoStar B1.1 Plus 15x56
-Vortex UHD 18x56
-Leica Geovid R 15x56 (odd choice but interesting)
-Zeiss Conquest 15x56

In each category I’m struggling to see much difference between the options As each set has pro and cons. And with some looking around, I’ve found that in each category the choices are similar in price except the SLC which is much more than the others.

I would enjoy your opinions on the above If you have time (and welcome other opinions as well).

AGPank

WKR
Are you buying one from each category?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking at upgrading optics. i Don’t know if I’ll get RF, non RF alpha or both. But at a minimum, I’m planning to get a good pair, a pair of backup binos and a big bino. it may take some time.

I’ve found that Cashell’s reviews make sense to how my eyes have seen images through some of the binos he reviewed. and while we all see things differently, I thought I’d solicit his opinion.

AGPank

WKR
Yes, Matt has some great reviews and insight.

I like the Leica RF, but never touched the Zeiss. I haven’t had any Zeiss beyond the FL and they didn’t work for me.

Matt has a review on here between the Noctivid and EL, and has written a lot on almost all of those backup models too.

I would consider a 8x32 as a backup pair to give you some diversity among the stable you are looking at.

Good luck and get your hands on as many as you can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JGRaider

WKR
At those levels of glass you're splitting hairs.......ergos will be the issue as some fit individual users better than others.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Matt,

In previous reviews you’ve recommended som great glass and I’d like your opininow as I’m contemplating upping my glass game. I am comparing:

RF binos
-Zeiss Victory RF 10x 42
-Leica Geovid 3200 10x42

Non-RF binos
-Zeiss Victory SF 10x42
-Leica Noctivid 10x42
-Leica Ultravid HD Plus 10x42 (Slightly less than the other two)

Backup Binos
-Zeiss Conquest 10x42
-Leica Trinovid 10x42
-Nikon Monarch HG 10x42
-Meopta MeoPro Air 10x42
-Meopta MeoStar B1.1 Plus

Big Binos
-Swarovski SLC 15x56
-Meopta MeoStar B1.1 Plus 15x56
-Vortex UHD 18x56
-Leica Geovid R 15x56 (odd choice but interesting)
-Zeiss Conquest 15x56

In each category I’m struggling to see much difference between the options As each set has pro and cons. And with some looking around, I’ve found that in each category the choices are similar in price except the SLC which is much more than the others.

I would enjoy your opinions on the above If you have time (and welcome other opinions as well).
hey good questions but pinning Matt down during hunting season is tough. If you haven't already, go to https://www.rokslide.com/ and enter those models in search glass, upper right. I know for a fact he's done some in-depth reviews on at least a few of those, and other writers have hit others. Be sure and check our Youtube channel search for more, I've done head-to-heads on the Swaro 15x in a few videos. thanks