Maven CS. 1A 15-45 X 65 Spotting scope

I asked them if they had plans to come out with one.
Answer was not any time soon. They were very proud of the bag it came with.
Looks like and old wool sock I guess.

Firehawk

WKR
I suspected I wasn’t the only one and am interested to what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happened to mine too. I suspect I was part of the problem in that I was trying to get a Phone Scope that wasn't the correct size to fit. I ended up gluing it back on and it hasn't given me another issue.

Overall the scope is pretty good. Love the size. WAY better than my brother's Vortex Diamondback. I expected it would be, but I was absolutely flabergasted at the difference when looking side by side. The Maven was better in EVERY way by a long ways. I would say it is very similar to the Cabelas Krotos HD (Same as the Athlon Ares I believe) and in my experience the edge to edge is slightly better on the Maven.

SoDak_23

FNG
I also was using a phone skope but bought the correct adaptor from Maven's website. I emailed them with no response so I messaged them on Facebook and they told me to call, called today and was told they were going to check inventory and give me a call back right away after I explained what was going on. They never called me back.

I wanted to let them know that this was an issue with the scope. I did tell them I could glue it back on but wanted to let them know about the issue and see what they said. They suggested to use a little glue.

ak max 83

FNG
I bought the Maven CS.1 last month when Sportsmans Warehouse had $100 off sale on Leupold SX-4 line. I then decided I wanted to augment my optics collection and buy a midrange, light(er) spotter. I do recall the image quality of Leupy... I tested outside on a flat light day in Alaska. I went home and ordered the Maven. Now owning for a few weeks, I can safely say I'm very happy. Compactness and weight and a do 95% of everything I need it to do...

Echo

FNG
Has anyone had a chance to compare this maven to the Leupold GR 12 - 40 x 60?

I know the leupold is more expensive, but would like to know if the added expense is justified in contrast to the Maven.

Would like to see how this stacks to the G2 Ares 15-45. I like the reticle option but this is lighter. Both seem like good options in the $600 range. Anyone else have reviews on these two?

I'm planning on picking up the Maven in the near future and will compare it to my Athlon. My ares is the gen 1, but optically the gen 1 and 2 are the same.

The Cabelas Krotos/Athlon Ares 65mm I had was very similar, but the edge goes to the Maven. Love the build quality, seems easier to focus at higher magnification, and clear right to the very edge, and sharp picture. Seems to be color neutral to me, which makes things pop in the view. My eyes have issues, but for me I am very happy with the Maven CS.1. Only wish that they made it in a straight version, but I am slowly getting used to the angled.
Curious how the the depth of field is? Do you have to focus often? Looking at this vs the Ares G2. Thanks!

Firehawk

WKR
Curious how the the depth of field is? Do you have to focus often? Looking at this vs the Ares G2. Thanks!
It didn't seem to have any noticeable issues to me regarding the depth of field. Unfortunately, I never got to check them out thoroughly side by side with the Cabelas/Ares. The smoke during the archery hunt was really bad and it made glassing very far pretty rough. By the time the air cleared, I had already moved the other scope and only had my Maven. But...I like the scope and I am excited to use it more.

Last edited:
It didn't seem to have any noticeable issues to me regarding the depth of field. Unfortunately, I never got to check them out side by side with the Cabelas/Ares. The smoke during the archery hunt was really bad and it made glassing very far pretty rough. By the time the air cleared, I had already moved the other scope and only had my Maven. But...I like the scope and I am excited to use it more.
Awesome thank you! Really appreciate the feedback.