MAVEN CS1 VS VORTEX RAZOR HD 22-46x65

Drew8755

FNG
Looking at buying my first spotter is it worth the extra money for the Vortex? I’ve heard goods things about Maven and that spotter. Any info is much appreciate.

To me the only downside of Maven was eye relief and recent price increase. I got to use one as a loaner while they worked on my binos and was super impressed they would send me a loaner. It was a sweet optic. Their customer service is solid and I really like their glass. I had a razor Gen 1 and the Maven was right up there with it optically. I expect the Gen 2 razor to perform better since it’s not Chinese like the Gen 1 but I know some like the dual focus.

Sierra trading post has a solid deal on Gen 1 razor: https://www.sierra.com/vortex-optic...~vortex-optics/&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod79PHX

4% more off with active junky.

Other factors would be weight. The maven is definitely lightweight. I know lots of guys here like the Athlon Ares Gen 1 as it’s super package and light similar to Maven. Those used can be found for a killer price typically.

I have limited experience with them but hope this helps some!

check out the Athlon Ares G2 UHD as mentioned above. With military or LE discount it’s unbelievable for the money. I haven’t looked through the Maven but by all accounts the Athlon beats the Maven and is cheaper. I liked it so much I bought one.

Last edited:
If you haven’t looked through the Maven, how does it beat it by all accounts?
Cheaper, has a sun shade, and depending if you trust that comparison video above (based on numerous “unbiased” testers), better optical quality (go to 8:55). The Maven has the Athlon beat in weight. But maybe i’m wrong… like I said I haven’t looked through or handled the Maven.

Back