Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

I Have 2 SHV 4x14s. I love them. I'm Looking to pick up a couple more scopes. I would be perfectly happy with the SHV. Is the Maven reticle that superior that it's worth going away from nightforce? Even if it means waiting for them to come back in stock?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
If you're a MOA guy, I have something for you

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Posted a personal update in another thread for anyone who's interested... It's not much compared to what Form has done here for testing, but it's some decent field use information if you have some time to read.

I Have 2 SHV 4x14s. I love them. I'm Looking to pick up a couple more scopes. I would be perfectly happy with the SHV. Is the Maven reticle that superior that it's worth going away from nightforce? Even if it means waiting for them to come back in stock?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I’d agree with the above. That SHV reticle is not my cup of tea..but the maven is just bold enough to be very usable at low power and not too thick at high power.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Was the parallax adjustment have more resistance than other scopes in your opinion? I feel like I need a throw lever on the damn thing.

Sled

WKR
I have a lot of maven products but can't bring myself to buy their scopes. I'm still waiting for a 20-24oz swfa like mil scope with more turret travel and capped windage.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Yep, mine's pretty stiff too. I think someone on here said theirs loosened to just about right after a while - not sure who ... perhaps @mxgsfmdpx?
Yes it’s stiffer than most. It does break in some if you work it back and forth a bunch. I really don’t mess with the parallax knob to be honest. I leave it at 200 yards and I’ve killed animals from 10 feet to 1,300 yards. Only time it’s messed with is long range small target shooting.

azwccc

FNG
can a guy shoot 1000+ yards with the maven 1.2?

I tried my friend's T3x UPR with RS1.2 at 1k yards a few days ago. Missed first two, and place next 8 rounds on a 8x8 inch target. I placed an order for UPR and joined rokslide before I left the range. Waiting for RS 1.2 now.

It was T3x UPR 20in 6.5cm with random ammo.

Buzby

WKR
I tried my friend's T3x UPR with RS1.2 at 1k yards a few days ago. Missed first two, and place next 8 rounds on a 8x8 inch target. I placed an order for UPR and joined rokslide before I left the range. Waiting for RS 1.2 now.

It was T3x UPR 20in 6.5cm with random ammo.
Sub MOA, at 1k, with “random ammo”?
That’s impressive.

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone owned the trijicon ten mile and the rs.1? trying to decide between the two?
I have both now setup. There both great. Tenmile weighs a little less which is nice but the maven reticle is better for hunting generally. I don’t have an issue with the tree style reticle so I mostly use the tenmile. I don’t think you’ll go wrong with either.