Maven’s New Rangefinder RF.1 ***Review Added 5/3/21***

twall13

WKR
It showed up today. I will have a handful of weeks with theaven RF.1 before wrapping up my review. Other than the question of pouch fitment, what other curiousities are out there?
View attachment 272398
Ryan mentioned it was bigger than most rangefinders, which he thought felt good in the hand. I'm curious to hear your take on that. Also, accuracy and speed of readings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What were they thinking slapping a big knob on the side of a rangefinder? Very rarely do I feel the need to access the menu on my rangefinder but having that knob on it would bother me every single time I pulled it out and put it in the pouch.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
What were they thinking slapping a big knob on the side of a rangefinder? Very rarely do I feel the need to access the menu on my rangefinder but having that knob on it would bother me every single time I pulled it out and put it in the pouch.
this will answer that question. And see post #17 full-site mode earlier in this thread. Thanks

Grecco

FNG
Have you had any problem with the wheel getting bumped and changing settings while getting it in and out of a pouch or when handling it normally?

Grecco

FNG
Great thanks. I hope to get one soon. I am slowly converting everything I have to maven. For me the seem to be the best bang for the buck.

Covfefe

FNG
I have a maven RF.1 rangefinder and it works great, but I also have the Marsupial range pouch and although it does 'fit', it's not only a very tight fit but the flap cannot close fully. If you pull the flap to one side around the eyepiece you can barely get the magnet to latch. I have been on the search for a nice range finder pouch (preferably magnetic) that will fit it and so far the only one I found might be the badlands but it only comes in one color. FHF made a ballistic range pouch that would work...discontinued. I am thinking I will have to experiment with other non-specific use pouches to find one to fit the RF.1.

I did find this, might be worth a try https://www.uspatriottactical.com/condor-gadget-pouch/cond_MA26.html#sz=48&start=1

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
I have a maven RF.1 rangefinder and it works great, but I also have the Marsupial range pouch and although it does 'fit', it's not only a very tight fit but the flap cannot close fully. If you pull the flap to one side around the eyepiece you can barely get the magnet to latch. I have been on the search for a nice range finder pouch (preferably magnetic) that will fit it and so far the only one I found might be the badlands but it only comes in one color. FHF made a ballistic range pouch that would work...discontinued. I am thinking I will have to experiment with other non-specific use pouches to find one to fit the RF.1.

I did find this, might be worth a try https://www.uspatriottactical.com/condor-gadget-pouch/cond_MA26.html#sz=48&start=1
Marsupial just mentioned on Instagram that they plan to make one designed to fit this rangefinder. I don't know the timeline but it is coming.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
can anyone here explain what the dial does on the side of the rangefinder? is it some sort of rheostat menu control?

Sled

WKR

Would you say having it is a large benefit compared to the single button most rangefinders have? Seems like it's going to make the pouch a bit tight and could possibly hang up even though some say it's not an issue.

Would you say having it is a large benefit compared to the single button most rangefinders have? Seems like it's going to make the pouch a bit tight and could possibly hang up even though some say it's not an issue.
I don't have one.
Id say from pictures it's a deal breaker for me.

sndmn11

WKR

I will address that in my review.

How accurate is the angle compensation for steep angles, let’s say compared to the Leupold ful draw 4

Geewhiz

WKR
a8a115136e8863b0aaaedc6449588d93.jpg

It’s out! Working on a a review for you Rokslider people. Watch for it!

@Justin Crossley @Howard Mee @sndmn11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of real world ranges are you getting? Obviously I wont ever need to shoot a billion yards but I tend to use farther ranges for planning stalks and figuring out shot opportunities.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of real world ranges are you getting? Obviously I wont ever need to shoot a billion yards but I tend to use farther ranges for planning stalks and figuring out shot opportunities.

@sndmn11 will chime in on that as he’s reviewing them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck197

WKR
Good timing, I'm in the market for a new one. I'll read these and watch that video when I get home. Been wanting to try Maven products.

Reactions: HAP

sndmn11

WKR

I've hit a few thousand yards on hide and hair, with low success, regular success in the 1000-1500 yards.

Last edited:

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
How does a $400 rangefinder not come with its own pouch or case? I've never had a problem with running my bino harness through the belt loop on my leupold case that the rangefinder came with. I notice they are selling one for $20 on the maven website though.