Megatarp w/ 2 people

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
How do you guys like the megatarp with 2 people and gear, stove and wood? Is it comfortable or just “doable”?

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
That’s kinda what I figured. Might be better suited as a larger solo shelter. Wish Kifaru was still making them...
The seek outside eolus looks cool but I like being able to run a stove.

We ran 2 in a Mega with stove a couple of trips and it was fine. Each of us had our own entry and since I was more experienced with the stove I took that end. Guy code applied.....head to foot with room for some gear and wood pile. We did have a small tarp for our packs and stuff we didn’t really need in the shelter with us overnight. That helped with space.

We’ve since moved to the Tut and really appreciate the extra space and walking in vs crawling in. No looking back for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Ya a small light tarp just outside for extra gear would save a lot of space inside. Me and my buddies use a SO 8 man. With stove and gear it’s tight but doable for 4 guys. Thinking the megatarp is similar.
The tut looks pretty sweet for 2 guys. Just a little extra weight for a solo trip. Looking around there’s lots of good options now for lightweight floorless shelters. The tut does seems pretty legit for 2 guys, gear and stove tho!