Meopta Meopro HD binos

kravguy

WKR
Are these to replace the original Meopro models or almost like a different version of the Meostars? They are priced more inline with the Meostars which is why I'm asking.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Are these to replace the original Meopro models or almost like a different version of the Meostars? They are priced more inline with the Meostars which is why I'm asking.

I am curious about this too. I don't have any inside info, but it seems with this line encroaching on the Meostar line, it hints to an update of the flagship models as well.

OP
O

Ozz08

WKR
I am curious about this too. I don't have any inside info, but it seems with this line encroaching on the Meostar line, it hints to an update of the flagship models as well.

And a likely price hike. Cabelas already raised the price on their euro HD's (meostar HD) by $200!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I will check on the spotter. Looks like an "all-in-one" version of the S2 with a standard eyepiece vs. the WA and superzoom options for the S2.

Meopta's Meopro riflescopes are also made in the USA with Czech parts.

If that spotter performs like the S2, it will be tough to beat in the $1700 range.

Shrek

WKR
Dotman , I sure did. If it is close in performance to the S2 I'm all about it. Looks really good on paper. I don't mind the fixed eyepiece at all and in fact I think it would be better in harsh hunting environments. I can't see me with a couple different eyepieces in the field anyway. It's heavy though.

Shrek

WKR
It looks like the max degree view is narrower than the wide angle S2 but the minimum degree field of view is the same. It is also about 4oz heavier than the S2 with the 20-60 wa

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thoroughly confused. The news release linked shows virtually the same price point as the Meostar B1? I can't find the new Meopro Hd for sale anywhere only the standard Meopro? I guess I don't understand the release of a bino that competes directly with your "flagship" line.

That being said, I'm very intrigued. I'm in the market for binos now and loved the optical qualities of the Cabelas Euro but hate the ergonomics of the Meostar. This new Meopro could solve my very conundrum! It's either this bino or I'm going to pony up for the SLC.... That's another $800 for ergonomics from what I've seen.

I was set on a compromise in the Conquest HD but I don't want to regret not getting the best glass.

Sigh. First world problems.....

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I just received the 10X42 Meopro HDs in the mail. It is an interesting binocular in form when you put it next to the Meostar HD. The two designs are quite different with the Meostar being short and wide while the Meopro is tall and slim.

Should be fun to get them out there and run them through the paces!