Meopta Meostar 15x56?

Supertrucker

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking to buy some 15’s. I went to Cabelas and looked through their Euro 15’s as I was told they are made by Meopta. I wasn’t impressed with the Cabelas Euro. Is the Meostar better?

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the cabelas branded binos are the same glass as the meostar 15s. That said, I love my meostar 15s. My hunting partner has the slc 15s and he is always impressed by the view of the Meoptas. They are very close. I might give the swaro a slight edge in brightness to my eye, but they are both solid.The 15x meostars give me great glassing ability with no eye fatigue. I love em.

Ledd Slinger

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking to buy some 15’s. I went to Cabelas and looked through their Euro 15’s as I was told they are made by Meopta. I wasn’t impressed with the Cabelas Euro. Is the Meostar better?

There used to be a standard Cabelas "Euro" and then there is the Cabelas "Instinct Euro HD". Different grades of glass. Which of those binos did you look through?

I actually went in and checked out the new Instinct Euro HD 10x42s for fun with the updated armoring and diopter. I thought the view was worse than the original models. Almost like Cabelas had Meopta downgrade the glass a bit when they redesigned the armor for them. I dont think the Cabelas brand binoculars are the full Meostar HD anymore. Seemed to me it was more like a Meostar B1.1 body binocular with MeoPro HD glass . The new armoring Cabelas went to feels cheap as well.

Bass Pro is totally ruining Cabelas...

Last edited:
OP
S

Supertrucker

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm....don’t recall. I ordered some Meopta Meostar 15’s from Doug yesterday.

blb078

WKR
Has anyone compared the Meopta to the Maven 18x56? Obviously there is the 15 vs 18x so not a direct comparison but how they compare to each other otherwise is what I'm curious in as I've been going back/forth between the two.