Meopta vs Swarovski Warranty

Spacek81

FNG
I know the best warranty is the warranty that never has to be used, but are either of these superior to the other when deciding on a scope? Looking at either the Meopta MeoStar R2 or the Swarovski Z5. Thanks!

Decker9

WKR
Iv used swarovsi warranty more then any other optic I own. All 4 times they’ve been great to deal with, even put a rush on my spotter the second time so I had it in time for a sheep hunt.

nobody

WKR
No experience with Meopta, but my one dealing with swaro left a horrible taste in my mouth and was the single worst example of customer service I’ve ever dealt with. They were rude, slow, ignored communication attempts (multiple ignored emails and voicemails), and only finally took care of me after I posted a review on here regarding their handling of the situation. I posted the review and their local rep called me and asked me why I wrote what I did, to which I replied and asked him if he felt anything I had said was untrue or false. He responded with “well, no, it’s all accurate. But it makes us look bad if you tell people how we handled this.” they knew they screwed up, but were only worried about their own reputation.

FWIW, my warranty issue was with a rangefinder that I ordered direct through their retail portal program, and it showed up broken. After 4 months of arguing back and forth, they finally shipped a new one from Austria, which lasted about 7 months is all.

It’s only a sample of one, a single data point, but it was bad enough that I’ll never buy another Swaro product.

OP
Spacek81

Spacek81

FNG
No experience with Meopta, but my one dealing with swaro left a horrible taste in my mouth and was the single worst example of customer service I’ve ever dealt with. They were rude, slow, ignored communication attempts (multiple ignored emails and voicemails), and only finally took care of me after I posted a review on here regarding their handling of the situation. I posted the review and their local rep called me and asked me why I wrote what I did, to which I replied and asked him if he felt anything I had said was untrue or false. He responded with “well, no, it’s all accurate. But it makes us look bad if you tell people how we handled this.” they knew they screwed up, but were only worried about their own reputation.

FWIW, my warranty issue was with a rangefinder that I ordered direct through their retail portal program, and it showed up broken. After 4 months of arguing back and forth, they finally shipped a new one from Austria, which lasted about 7 months is all.

It’s only a sample of one, a single data point, but it was bad enough that I’ll never buy another Swaro product.
Wow, that absolutely had to have sucked! I wouldn't expect that from someone who is supposed to be top tier.

MattB

WKR
Nothing but good experiences the times I have sent optics back to Swarovski for repair or refresh. It is rare to get warranty service like that in this day and age.

Fullfan

WKR
Swaro is second to none. Twist up eye cup on one pr of my binos somehow was torn. Contacted Swaro, they sent me two new eye cups. Another pr I managed to drop while elk hunting. Contacted them, shipped the binos back to them on their dime. 5 weeks later a new pr of binos showed up at my place.

pirogue

WKR
Swarovski has great customer service in my experience. Nothing was wrong with thier product, I just absentmindedly lost a turret cap, yet they quickly replaced.

CorbLand

WKR
Sent my Swarovski eye piece back for condensation. Only frustrating thing is they wouldn’t prepay a label for me. Sucked to spend 60 bucks for something that was a manufacturing failure. It was also very slow, 5 weeks.

Easy to work with overall.

Looks like I’m the only one to use meopta so far. The one time I had an issue they went above and beyond. Was my first time so was a little skeptical, but after that I’d buy meopta with confidence they’ll stand behind it…

colby12

WKR
I’ve used Meopta’s warranty twice. Both times was a painless process. Great to work with. One was for a spotter with condensation other was for a rifle scope.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Meopta was outstanding on the only occasion I needed to use their warranty service. I would feel confident in purchasing either Swaro or Meopta. Both are top tier optics and companies.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Woitey

FNG
I own a bino, spotter and scope from Meopta, and multiple scopes, and a EL from Swaroviski. I've never had to use either's customer service. I remain convinced that the best optics come from Europe.

OP
Spacek81

Spacek81

FNG
Thanks for all the replies. For the most part from what I've heard here and on other forums, sounds like Meopta has been the better of the 2 when it comes to warranty. I believe both Meopta and Swarovski are superior companies with superior products.

I own 2009 model meopta binos which have been great. I had an issue I looked into sending them in for and discovered it was only a ten year warranty on them. Not sure what length of warranty they offer on their current models.

serorem

FNG
I’ve used Swaro’s warranty on a couple things. My STX and EL Ranges. No problems, just slow like others have mentioned. They had to send the Ranges overseas to work on which was really inconvenient since it took several months to get them back. That was during Covid so not sure if that played a role in things. They did send some free gifts back with it due to the length of time. But overall they’ve been good.

JGRaider

WKR
Electronics issues seem to bring out the worst in optics companies. I've gone 'round and 'round with Leica a few times, Leupold, and Sig. They all sucked in this realm.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Swarovski is one of those warranties that on paper is meh at best.
In reality for me and a few people I know theyve gone way above and beyond. A guy up the hunting club bought a broken Z5 that had a cracked front lens and broken top turret from a pawn shop. He sent it in and they rebuilt everything with modern components for like 400$.
Only downside I found is wait times. My demo NL pures I bought had a really gritty focus wheel I sent in. It had to go to Austria, and the wait time ended up being close to 4 months.

I have never had to use Swaro warranty.

I did use meopta warranty on a spotter about 10 years ago. They were phenomenal. I believe it was Florida? I sent it to for them to look at it. Then they just sent me a new one instead of having to send mine to Europe to get it fixed from there. Very painless process and great to work with.

Thanks for all the replies. For the most part from what I've heard here and on other forums, sounds like Meopta has been the better of the 2 when it comes to warranty. I believe both Meopta and Swarovski are superior companies with superior products.
For a rifle scope, I would go with the meopta to avoid warranty transactions… I love what I have from swaro, but I would never consider a rifle scope of theirs.