Meopta Optika5 2-10x42 or SWFA 6x42

I recently traded into a tikka 223 lite stainless aka rokslide special.

I've been debating scopes and have it down to the tried and tested swfa 6x42 or the meopta optika5 2-10-42 with the zplex reticle. Not much info on the optika5 out there, but if it's like the optika6 it should be a solid scope that's going to hold zero.
I've never owned a fixed power scope but find most of my scopes usually sitting at about 5-6x, which draws me to the swfa.
The scopes I have with exposed turrets and dial are on .22 setups. Usually a set it and forget guy on center fire.

Do I stay true to form(terrible pun intended) and get the swfa for a true rokslide special or try something newish with the optika5?

Thanks for any input.

Also probably just going to mount whichever one with Warne mountain tech rings and the rail that came with the gun, since sportsmatch T084 are impossible to get ahold of. 20230106_204111.jpg

MCT453

FNG
I have 2 OPTIKA 5's one of the 2-10 's no PA one with PA 3-15 on a CZ 457 that I really like and the one without PA I intend to put on a Ruger 77 .357 that I purchased because I liked the other scope so much. I also have an OPTIKA 6 and the relatively new Meosport (which I like really well) too.
I also have the SWFA 6X though it is MOA.
I really like SWFA products and have a few but for my use which is way less intensive than what I have seen SWFA scopes get exposed to here I think my preference would be for the Optika 5 scopes with capped turrets, small footprint and availability.
End of the world and life depends on it SWFA.
I am probably not the guy to take advice from as I have way more stuff than I do time to actually use it, but I have examples of both and thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

OP
sbaker0029
I have 2 OPTIKA 5's one of the 2-10 's no PA one with PA 3-15 on a CZ 457 that I really like and the one without PA I intend to put on a Ruger 77 .357 that I purchased because I liked the other scope so much. I also have an OPTIKA 6 and the relatively new Meosport (which I like really well) too.
I also have the SWFA 6X though it is MOA.
I really like SWFA products and have a few but for my use which is way less intensive than what I have seen SWFA scopes get exposed to here I think my preference would be for the Optika 5 scopes with capped turrets, small footprint and availability.
End of the world and life depends on it SWFA.
I am probably not the guy to take advice from as I have way more stuff than I do time to actually use it, but I have examples of both and thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
I really appreciate the input. Totally feel you on that last part haha.
Which reticle does your 2-10 have?
I was thinking zplex but the zplus also has my interest. I would be getting the model without PA as well.
It looks like the swfa 6x moa is in stock right now so hopefully not a wait to get it.
I'm leaning towards the optika5 for those same reasons you mentioned.

Thanks!

MCT453

FNG
Zplus all of them.
I had forgotten while all the sales were going on I had also gotten a 2-10 PA too for a Howa M1100 I've had setting around for a minute. So 3 total optika5 scopes.
I like them very much. However I have 9 swfa scopes along with swfa binos and like them very much too.
Grew up not having much so I think I over compensate a little when labor day or black Friday sales come along.
Again I have more stuff than sense or time and I may not be the guy to take advice from.
I do think the optika 5 scopes are very clear , practical and very good value.
Most of all available.

MCT453

FNG
This is the higher magnification 3-15×44 optika5 on a CZ 457.
I also wanted to mention that I think I like the 2-10 ×42 better as they have plenty enough magnification for the rifles I intend to put them on and they are I think over and 1" shorter as well as around a couple oz lighter. Obviously 42 vs 44 objective so just a bit more compact.

Attachments

• IMG_20220704_160602_899.jpg
    IMG_20220704_160602_899.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 52
OP
sbaker0029
Grew up not having much so I think I over compensate a little when labor day or black Friday sales come along.
Again I have more stuff than sense or time and I may not be the guy to take advice from.
This sounds just like me lol. Buying stuff and putting rigs together that I don't get to use nearly as much as I'd like to.
I appreciate the insight.
That's a nice looking cz457, scope looks good on there too.
Anything you dislike about the zplus reticle?
I appreciate the insight and thanks for the picture.

ETtikka

WKR
Based on previously owned meostars and meopro, I believe meopta does have the best glass for the price, but I also believe swfa has a much better reticle, and durability, and dialing ability , and cheaper

Can't tell about the 6x yet I have a 3-15 on a 300 win mag. After getting that scope I immediately ordered a 6x for a coyote and training gun it checked all my boxes and on sale. Just got a shipping notice for the 6x so they still have some

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MCT453

FNG
This sounds just like me lol. Buying stuff and putting rigs together that I don't get to use nearly as much as I'd like to.
I appreciate the insight.
That's a nice looking cz457, scope looks good on there too.
Anything you dislike about the zplus reticle?
I appreciate the insight and thanks for the picture.
Nope.
Although I am not the guy that dials or tries to use reticles designed for BDC.
I'm mostly the guy that's shooting rimfires (set and forget)and putting rigs together that will never get used to their full potential just because I love guns and scopes.
I do however shoot a lot of shotgun shells at sporting Clay's so if you ever take an interest in that I could be way more helpful.
Turkeys , waterfowl and upland has been the majority of what my time afield has been focused as we had "Bird dogs" growing up into my early adult years.
Turkeys are my favorite.
Obviously I need the 3 dedicated turkey guns I have to cover the 8 to 10 days I get in the woods a year lol.
I have a 10 year old daughter and a demanding career that gets most my time.
I do enjoy researching Glass , guns and keeping the economy moving.

ETtikka

WKR
Nope.
Although I am not the guy that dials or tries to use reticles designed for BDC.
I'm mostly the guy that's shooting rimfires (set and forget)and putting rigs together that will never get used to their full potential just because I love guns and scopes.
I do however shoot a lot of shotgun shells at sporting Clay's so if you ever take an interest in that I could be way more helpful.
Turkeys , waterfowl and upland has been the majority of what my time afield has been focused as we had "Bird dogs" growing up into my early adult years.
Turkeys are my favorite.
Obviously I need the 3 dedicated turkey guns I have to cover the 8 to 10 days I get in the woods a year lol.
I have a 10 year old daughter and a demanding career that gets most my time.
I do enjoy researching Glass , guns and keeping the economy moving.
If like scopes in general, order a swfa while they are cheap and in stock

OP
sbaker0029
If like scopes in general, order a swfa while they are cheap and in stock
I think this might be the deciding factor. Order a swfa while it's showing in stock. The meopta will hopefully have stock when I get the next itch and some more money in the pocket.

BjornF16

WKR
Read through all 10 pages of the Optika scope eval/review

Why wouldn’t you consider the SWFA 3-9HD?

OP
sbaker0029

I've read through that but I'll read through it again. I guess in the end after very rigorous testing it did end up failing to hold zero. From what I got out of form's testing was that he was fairly impressed with it for the most part, maybe I messed something.

The main reasons not to go with the swfa 3-9 HD are availability and price. The 6x moa is currently available and half the price.

MCT453

FNG

That seems to be the general consensus here.
I am very new so cannot say I have read every optic thread here but every time anything comes up about options on another scope a 1 sample size review gets referenced and SWFA recommended
SWFA is awesome but there are other Awesome scopes too in my opinion...
I wish you could try them on like boots but you cannot so being a pretty significant investment you do as much research as you can prior to purchase which is either word of mouth , or on www where everyone has a voice or opinion on anything..
Belive it or Not someone on www thinks the POTUS is doing a great job.
I guess I have read those reviews multiple times by now.
I am not that guy that is going to put my stuff through that kind of conditions.
Though it is reassuring that the product you chose can withstand it . I am not going to use that as my benchmark but will take it in consideration and apply it to what my use is going to be.

BjornF16

WKR
I am not that guy that is going to put my stuff through that kind of conditions.
Ever had a rifle knocked over when on tripod? Or taken a fall when hunting? Or transported your gun?

You’d be surprised at what little can cause a zero shift in many scopes.

MCT453

FNG
Ever had a rifle knocked over when on tripod? Or taken a fall when hunting? Or transported your gun?

You’d be surprised at what little can cause a zero shift in many scopes.
I have and I guess I could be surprised.