Meopta Optika6 3-18x50mm FFP Field Evaluation

lovci

FNG
i just bought the
Meopta MeoPro Optika6 Rifle Scope, 3-18x56mm, 30mm Tube, Second Focal Plane, RD 4C Reticle, 653656

I absolutely love that reticle and cant wait to try it out. I'll updatecpeople when it happens although I wont be shooting 1000 shots, lol.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
With the zero-stop (takes 20 seconds to set!) and the MOA adjustments you certainly could reach out to 1000 yards if you wanted too.

Attachments

• IMG_4453.jpeg
    IMG_4453.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 187

Trigger06

FNG
Just ordered a 3-18x56 FFP 4D Dichrotech reticle for whitetail hunting, will report back.
When you get this, could you take photos of the reticle at both high and low mags? I really want to see that before I buy. This scope with that exact reticle is high on my list.

ChrisAU

WKR
When you get this, could you take photos of the reticle at both high and low mags? I really want to see that before I buy. This scope with that exact reticle is high on my list.

Will do. I too am curious as to how they’ve pulled it off with a non measuring reticle in FFP, and with the ditcrotech to boot to see if that adds visibility at low Mag in dark conditions.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I used a DICHROTECH reticle scope on a Rem 700 SPS .308 Win last year deer hunting and took an excellent buck at first light with the help of this new technology. I now have an Optika6 2.5-15x44 with the DICHRO reticle on my .300 BO for chasing some swine this offseason. I'm sure it will be offered in the new Optika5 scopes coming out later this year as well. 1 inch tubes and the same MeoPro glass with rainshield.DSC_0265.jpeg

Afhunter1

WKR
My first 3-18x50 FFP just showed up today. Through it on a tikka 270 just to play around with it some.

The reticle basically disappears at lower power but this scope I don’t think will see much use under 6x so for me it is ok. The illumination makes it usable too I guess

Trigger06

FNG
My first 3-18x50 FFP just showed up today. Through it on a tikka 270 just to play around with it some.

The reticle basically disappears at lower power but this scope I don’t think will see much use under 6x so for me it is ok. The illumination makes it usable too I guess

Which reticle did you go with?

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
The Z-Plus is Meopta's MOA reticle. Works great as a BDC reticle when dialed in accordingly too.

ChrisAU

WKR
I could see that reticle being tough in low light in FFP. Hoping there is no issue there with the 4D Dichro in FFP.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't used mine under 6X and I have had zero issues. I harvested a nice buck at under 100 yards on 6X and a doe at 200 on 18X. I think you will be just fine.

Afhunter1

WKR
I haven't used mine under 6X and I have had zero issues. I harvested a nice buck at under 100 yards on 6X and a doe at 200 on 18X. I think you will be just fine.

I agree it is great 6x and up. I really like it. Haven’t got to ck out any deer at long range yet but I think it will be ok. Under 5x the reticle is gone for me. Need to see what it looks like in the snow tomorrow and if the illumination works when it is really bright out. We shall see.

I’d rather have this reticle in a SFP with this elevation turret. Maybe next gen they will add this turret to SFP scopes. I don’t know why they think people only dial FFP scopes.

Trigger06

FNG
I’d rather have this reticle in a SFP with this elevation turret. Maybe next gen they will add this turret to SFP scopes. I don’t know why they think people only dial FFP scopes.

I really want this... A reliable dialing sfp scope at a reasonable price. Perfect for my style of hunting.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I agree it is great 6x and up. I really like it. Haven’t got to ck out any deer at long range yet but I think it will be ok. Under 5x the reticle is gone for me. Need to see what it looks like in the snow tomorrow and if the illumination works when it is really bright out. We shall see.

Dialing at different magnification is consistent on a FFP scope. A SFP scope is going to be right on one magnification setting. That is the reason why they don't market dialable SFP scopes as a lot of shooters don't understand that principle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Afhunter1

WKR
Dialing at different magnification is consistent on a FFP scope. A SFP scope is going to be right on one magnification setting. That is the reason why they don't market dialable SFP scopes as a lot of shooters don't understand that principle.

dialing is the same on both. Only the reticle holds would be different But if you know it’s 1moa has at 18x then at 9x it’s 2moa. Not really rocket science.

night force has a very large amount of SFP scopes with dials

sneaky

"DADDY"
dialing is the same on both. Only the reticle holds would be different But if you know it’s 1moa has at 18x then at 9x it’s 2moa. Not really rocket science.

night force has a very large amount of SFP scopes with dials
It isn't rocket science, and guys screw it up every day. Doesn't matter who makes the scope, when guys are in the moment shooting at an animal they forget. Happens all the time.

ChrisAU

WKR
Unboxed my 3-18x56 FFP 4D Dichro at lunch, seems like a very nice scope. Just looking around my gameroom the Dichro is awesome. Extremely tactile clicks, in scopes I've used I'd say the adjustments are more confidence inspiring than Swaro Z8i, NF ATACR, and SWFA while right behind a Zeiss V6. Locking exposed elevation and covered windage seems perfect for a hunting scope. The knurled rubber on the mag ring and turrets/parallax adjustment make it feel very quality. Very easy to grip. Will take pics of the reticle tonight and compare it in low light to my SWFA 3-9x42.

ChrisAU

WKR

Got caught up doing yard work so didn’t get to compare it to my SWFA in low light today at twilight, but here are the best pics I could manage at 3x, 9x, and 18x.

6DE991A4-061B-4BFF-B9FB-43BC456010B2.jpeg

546EFA35-6AB4-4933-8DB5-B055F156E513.jpeg

8E2F47F9-7ABE-4AF1-8CA9-D933B3033732.jpeg