Merino baselayer hoodie, 1/4-1/2 zip, no pocket?

bdho

FNG
I have used the smartwool merino 250 half zip. It holds up very well and has been comfortable

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just an update here, there was a sale so I ordered one of the meriwool hoodies to try. An athletic fit, would need to size up. But I also overlooked in the photos, there is some reflective material along the zipper and in the rear of the shirt which I was thinking was just an accent color, so that is a no go in my mind for hunting.
Im a big fan of meriwool bottoms and boxers. I haven’t tried their shirts yet.

Bump79

WKR
Thanks for a couple more options, do you have any experience with either of these? I kinda wonder about that horizontal seam on the chest of the born primative one, probably so thin it wouldn't matter but I think I'd favor some of the options that had no seams on the chest/stomach.

Muley Freak has been convicted (not just charged) of poaching twice now, any veil of claiming the first one was a fluke/mistake gets pulled away when his second conviction is the same nature (shows a pattern). Some other store fronts have purged themselves of that brand so as not to support someone like that. BO has been questioned about MF products continuing to be sold in their store, they've never responded to anyone that has asked / said they were done buying from BO in the meantime, multiple people have. I've enjoyed my prior purchases from black ovis but you gotta draw the line somewhere imho, I don't want to support anyone that directly supports a poacher so I'm unfortunately done being a patron of black ovis until that changes. I realized in terms of degrees of separation we all eventually support someone that supports someone that supports a poacher, etc. I've drawn my line at what I feel is reasonable, a store carrying a known repeat poachers merchandise isn't a store I want to shop at anymore.
Not sure if you heard the update but the Mulie Freak case seems like a complete misunderstanding. Very odd circumstances. I listen to it on the Huntr podcast.

I understand we have to draw the line somewhere but for me, this doesn't meet the threshold. Personally, Black Ovis has treated me well. I'll continue to support them.

OP
pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not sure if you heard the update but the Mulie Freak case seems like a complete misunderstanding. Very odd circumstances. I listen to it on the Huntr podcast.

I understand we have to draw the line somewhere but for me, this doesn't meet the threshold. Personally, Black Ovis has treated me well. I'll continue to support them.
Which case? There have been multiple convictions, not just one (red flag about a person!). What was the misunderstanding, who is providing the story and has it been collaborated? Have charges been overturned?