Merino shirts and deodorant

I’ve read a lot about merino and a lot about deodorant/anti-perspirant but haven’t seen any conversation about the both of them.

Have y’all noticed any negative impacts on your merino shirts due to the use of your choice of deodorant/anti-perspirant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Poser

WKR
I have some casual wear Merino t shirts and there is definitely some deodorant stain in the armpits but nothing that bad.

Merino has natural antimicrobial properties and doesn’t stink like synthetics after a couple of days afield. That said there are many heavy chemical deodorants on the market that have varying impacts on people and clothes - many targeted toward hunters. I use Crystal unscented while hunting and love It. It uses a mineral salt called Potassium Alum - works great, and haven’t noticed it destroying my shirts.

I haven’t noticed a problem. I use a couple of different natural deodorants - Lume, Kiss My Face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
I have some Smartwool merino shirts that I use for exercise (biking and running) and haven’t noticed any issues with my Old Spice deodorant.

pirogue

WKR
I imagine you know that all merino wool is not created equally. I have several pieces of Icebreaker and Kuiu, wear the scent free, hunting brand type deodorants, and have never noticed anything negative.

OP
lotsofshots
Thanks fellas. Great feedback. I just picked up 2 IceBreaker tees and a Minus33 that I didn’t want to ruin.

I’m a Right Guard antiperspirant guy for day-to-day wear but haven’t landed on a brand for the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNDEER

WKR
All wool all the time while hunting and have used HS scent away for a long time. No crazy staining or patchy hard blobs under the arms. I wear kuiu wool.