Merinoloft by Icebreaker.

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
I just looked at this product real quick. It looks to me like "puffy" type insulator. Instead of Down or synthetics its stuffed full of merino wool. Thoughts? Experts? anyone tried it? Unfortunately it looks like it comes in mostly non-hunting colors.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I got my wife one in camo when they were on sale at some ridiculous price and she has been very happy with it. She's ALWAYS cold, but says that it's very warm. I found the construction and outer shell material to be beefier than what I expected/am accustomed to for a puffy, and felt like it might be a little heavier than similar offerings from other companies, but that makes sense given the insulation material being wool. She's only had it out chasing squirrels and ducks/geese a handful of times this season, so I don't have any long-term reviews, but it has held up very well so far and kept her comfortable in some pretty nasty weather.

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting I didn’t see any camo I’ll have to do some more research. I just checked the camo versions of some of this is 70% off right now if anyone is interested. Just scroll all the way to the bottom. They may be overpriced to start but 70% is pretty significant.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I haven't found merino to be all that warm, especially for the weight of it. I had the 400gr FL Labrador jacket and a regular fleece was lighter, warmer, and much cheaper for me. However, I could see how a jacket "stuffed" with the raw wool could be a better insulator.

JFKinYK

Lil-Rokslider
Smartwool has had "smartloft" for at least 6-7 yrs in some of their products. It's a blend of merino wool and some other stuff for insulation. Reviews of those pieces might help you out.

Edit: they may also have some colors you prefer

Last edited: