Might have figured it out.

Encore4me

FNG
I have been asking a lot of questions lately about getting a new gun set up and I have gotten some really good advice. Well here is what I think I’m going to go with.
The gun is a left hand Tikka Super Light 300wm (got it on sale).
The scope will be a Nightforce SVH 3-10x42 with the lighted Force Plex reticle. I’m going to put the Mountain Tactical steel base and some kind of steel rings on it (to add weight). I’m getting Mountain Tact. bottom metal(add some weight) and I’m getting a Bell & Carlson stock.
Thanks for the help with previous questions, it know of some good steel rings to go on that MT base let me know. I think this will get the rifle up to about 8 1/2 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure they’ve already been recommended but the um tikka rings are the only way I will be mouthing scopes on tikkas from now on.

I have found that just adding weight for the sake of weight doesn't help as much as you think it might when it comes to recoil.

I too would go with the UM rings rather than the steel pic rail and rings. The pic rail/ring set up will end up mounting the scope high enough where getting a good cheek weld will be tough. As far as the B&C stock, I tried one out (the M40) and while it was good, it was very heavy and the ergos were not great. If you are planning on going the sporter route, it will be even worse. I would recommend getting something with a more vertical grip and higher comb. This will help with recoil management more than a few ounces of weight will.