Mike Tyson VS Jake Paul

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Mike Tyson might be an old man, but Jake Paul is not a good boxer. The Michael Jordan comparison is fair, but put MJ up against a 10th grade ball player and see how it goes. If JP had grown up boxing and had 15-20 years experience, yeah, it would be different. Putting the alleged rules in place shows what disadvantage JP is at.

I’m no boxing expert. Correct me if I’m wrong but I assume you’re not either. From the fights I’ve seen of him and what the majority
Of fight experts say JP is indeed a good boxer, didn’t say great, but good. So I’m going with them on this because they know what they’re talking about. Comparing him to a 10th grade ball player isn’t fair.

Joe Montana isn’t stepping into a college game and throwing lasers up and down the field. Father time is real! Tyson still has power and grit for his age. But we need to be real here lol.

Fatcamp

WKR
So glad to see Francis Ngannou get shown the door by a real boxer.

I get that Jake has been training but he is buying his way to a record and ducking real competition. It's lame.

Riplip

WKR
I honestly hate to see this, Mike Tyson was and is a boxing legend but 57 is 57 and there is no way he wins this fight. While Jake Paul may not be world class, he is young athletic and a good enough fighter to win this, simply by tying Tyson up early and then going the distance. Tyson is clearly the more talented fighter, but speed, timing, conditioning and reaction time all heavily favor Paul.

I get why people don't like Paul, but I give him a lot of credit for creating something that others haven't or could not (think McGregor and Mayweather, both of whom created their own fortunes by being smart). I just don't like this fight for Tyson, but I will be cheering for him and either way hope he makes a crap load of $$$.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I just saw Tyson punching a heavy bag, HOLY SHIT! He still hits like a freight train. If he bum rushed Paul, absorbed a hit and hit him like he hit that bag, it’s lights out and game over. Btw…I’d love to see a 10 second KO.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's another decade and probably one of the most pivotal. But, Foreman, Brady, Mayweather. Lots of late stage comebacks. At 57, win or lose, Tyson is gonna be hurting for a while.

Even if the fight is totally rigged, big risk Jake is taking…better hope Mike doesn’t have one of those “sleeper agent total recall” type flashbacks where his subconscious savage comes back out and he mauls Jake. Man I hope that happens….
That’d be way better then a boxing match between an old legend and a guy trying to become a legend in his own eyes.

striped1

FNG
You're only the same man in name only, when you're 3 times older than in your glory days. Watching old fighters get back into the ring isn't much different that old actresses taking their clothes off to try to remain relevant. It's usually sad with the only entertainment value is to see how undignified they've become.

Young guys calling out old men is pathetic too, regardless of the outcome.
DO you have a link to where someone (not me), could see old, naked actresses?

Mike7

WKR
Tyson had one of the most brutal left hooks ever, so if it is only half of the power and quickness that it once was, he could knock out Jake early.

But 58 year old legs are not 30 year old legs, and Jake is a decent boxer with a good right hand, rangy, and is young with better foot speed. I see Jake fighting not to get knocked out the first few rounds, and then trying to take Tyson out as he tires.

Father Time vs Youth….Jake Paul
Most cases, I would agree, but Tyson is a beast, and I don’t think he would take this fight unless he knew he could beat him, he’s always been smart.

He certainly looks sharp too, and I have a hard time betting against someone like him. I think he overwhelms and stops him early.

Oregon

WKR
I'm the same age as Tyson. I was an absolute animal brawler in my youth. I literally fought for fun. Loved a good Friday night fight. In my mind, I'm literally as tough as I was at 23. I'm a bad ass!! Just ask me!! Ha!
With that said, I got 3 bugaboos in life. Lighting strike, rattler strike and a left hook by Tyson.
The guy is a freaking animal. I like his chances.

WHALL

FNG
I don’t know a whole lot about Jake Paul, and I haven‘t paid too much attention to Mike Tyson the last few years, but I just saw this clip of Tyson training at 57 years old.

I don’t think it looks like he’s lost much over the years.

Still takes some balls to get into the ring with Mike even if he is 60. Paul has improved a ton. I think Mike can get him though.
I grew up watching Mike Tyson destroy people, this may be over before they get in the ring Mike is an intimidating man! Even at 57!!

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the same age as Tyson. I was an absolute animal brawler in my youth. I literally fought for fun. Loved a good Friday night fight. In my mind, I'm literally as tough as I was at 23. I'm a bad ass!! Just ask me!! Ha!
With that said, I got 3 bugaboos in life. Lighting strike, rattler strike and a left hook by Tyson.
The guy is a freaking animal. I like his chances.
Dude, you took a left hook from Mike Tyson? I’ve been on an hillside and on a boat with strikes close, struck at but not been bit by a buzz butt but to my understanding never same zip code with MT. All due respect!

I feel the thing may be rigged to the max and the choreography is written. But I hope it isn’t and Iron Mike has something left to give Paul a mouthful of the fury of Tyson of old.

it won’t be this, lol:

Last edited: