Minnesota jumps on anti gun wagon

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
I lived in MN for 20 years. Friends with many great people. Never cared for the politics, but the state was purple at that time. (I lived in a town dominated by govt/union employees.) It has become much worse since I left. Still use my lifetime archery and fishing license, but I would not live there again.

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
As i read replies there is a re-occurring theme cities/metro areas (majority) politically dominating rural (minority) in most states . Not sure how to solve that problem ? Talk all the time about portions of states succeeding . Not sure if it will ever happen. Thing to remember is constitution protects individual rights not majority mob rules
Definitely. Life and freedom are stifled the closer you get to the countries tallest buildings.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
As i read replies there is a re-occurring theme cities/metro areas (majority) politically dominating rural (minority) in most states . Not sure how to solve that problem ? Talk all the time about portions of states succeeding . Not sure if it will ever happen. Thing to remember is constitution protects individual rights not majority mob rules
Maybe if states would adopt an electoral college way of passing propositions. The reason we have that in presidential election is to allow the more rural to have a say in election. Without electoral college, the populated coastal ( heavily liberal) states would have complete control of how elections were determined.

A real shame. MN has a lot to offer in terms of wild game and wild places and I love it here, but I hate to see this kind of stuff happen. The big cities are the issue like others have stated

[/QUOTE]
very few people today will risk their wealth for freedom the grooming of their children is being done and they allow that to go forward..

This right here. I call it the 3/4 ton toy hauler syndrome.

Too afraid to say anything about it because they don't want to lose their 3/4 truck pulling their 5th wheel toy hauler...

Flyjunky

WKR
I’m so sick of the stripping of our rights in this country!

Our country is under attack on so many fronts. We’ve been sold out and it’s right in front of all our faces.

Our oil reserves are down to nothing, uncontrolled borders, corrupt and divisive leaders, constitutional rights being trampled…..People need to wake the f*#*k up in this country before it’s too late.

Flyjunky

WKR
Rubbish.

SCOTUS merely declined to intervene while the lower courts appeals are in progress. Happens all the time.
Yeah, but it would have sent a strong message to these idiots if the would have upheld the injunction.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
^ treason is being committed every day by elected/appointed persons here in the usa. add in govt agencies behaving in an illegal manner and it gets to be an hourly occurrence. under the right set of circumstance they can ban firearms pretty quickly.
Treason is defind in the constitution (Article 3, Section III, Clause 1) your definition is unconstitutional and while that is not treason per the constitution definition, it is treason by the broad definition you imply. I'll stick with the constitution.
A few things need to happen to repeal, or abolish, the 2A:

1. Change the Constitution to a simple majority vote to change the Constitution.

2. A major shift in thinking for at least 3/4 of the voting public in each state to reach the thresholds defined innthe Constitution to change it.

3. Hold a Convention of the States. See #2.

Anything outside 1, 2, or 3 is outright treason and illegal, therefore, null and void.
Treason is the wrong word in a legal sense (however it conveys the correct sentiment), but otherwise I agree completely.

BjornF16

WKR
Yeah, but it would have sent a strong message to these idiots if the would have upheld the injunction.
Tru dat...but that is rarely the way SCOTUS works when it comes to "emergency temporary injunctions".

They will always lean towards giving the appeals process a chance to work.

Look around the country...there are plenty of court cases striking down gun control attempts...I think the latest was in New Jersey:

...and also Virginia:

This right here. I call it the 3/4 ton toy hauler syndrome.

Too afraid to say anything about it because they don't want to lose their 3/4 truck pulling their 5th wheel toy hauler...

This is correct. Nothing will happen until people have nothing to lose. People have their home, cars, retirement, children ect and they won't take any action to put those things in jeopardy. Example:

Until the gov has taken away everything to the point that people have nothing left to lose, nothing will be done. 99% of Americans won't start or participate in any fight out of fear of being imprisoned or killed. On the other hand, a homeless drug addict that has been imprisoned a dozen times and has zero material possessions, no family to care for, no job or retirement to look forward to will fight anyone, to the death, any time, at the drop of a hat because they have nothing to lose.

Treason is defind in the constitution (Article 3, Section III, Clause 1) your definition is unconstitutional and while that is not treason per the constitution definition, it is treason by the broad definition you imply. I'll stick with the constitution.

Treason is the wrong word in a legal sense (however it conveys the correct sentiment), but otherwise I agree completely.

Treason is attempting to usurp, or overstep, the governing authority. In this case, the Constitution. Anything other than the 3 I listed to change the Constitution is attempting to go against the governing authority. Our government in itself has zero authority...

Flyjunky

WKR
Look around the country...there are plenty of court cases striking down gun control attempts...I think the latest was in New Jersey:
Oh I know, I live in Oregon. We’re going through this mess right now. Thankfully we had a good judge put a stay on the law they tried to pass here.

*zap*

WKR

your opinion is noted.

Drip ....drip .....drip . The slow but steady continued attacks on 2A rights . They will not stop . Its amazing how many legal cases on the "constitutionality " of an attempted bill or change in law pertaining the 2A there have been over the past several years . Some feel its far from written in stone and continue to chip away. Find the right judge at the right time and make a change .

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Treason is attempting to usurp, or overstep, the governing authority. In this case, the Constitution. Anything other than the 3 I listed to change the Constitution is attempting to go against the governing authority. Our government in itself has zero authority...
Not according to The Constitution. One cannot defend the law while disregarding it. Article 3, Section III, Clause 1 of The Constitution is very explicit on the definition and on the fact that the definition cannot be expanded by using the word "only."

Makes me wonder how many people have actually read the document and how many find it a convenience to be disregarded when it does not suit them.

Kinda like Bidens most recent nominee for a federal JUDGESHIP in the state of Washington who could not answer simple questions about the Constitution that senator John kennedy asked during the hearing .

*zap*

WKR
the open border, $ and benefits given to illegals is very much giving aid and comfort to the enemy..all it takes is for one enemy of the usa to be allowed in and then harbored, sheltered, transported or given any food or money. and that fits the constitutional definition. ymmv. ;)

Also: The fourth federal law, 18 U.S.C. 1918 provides penalties for violation of oath office described in 5 U.S.C. 7311 which include: (1) removal from office and; (2) confinement or a fine.

^ the above could easily be referred to using the word treason as understood in common usage.