MLB postseason and World Series

Takem

WKR
Another Giants fan who'll be rooting for the A's the rest of the way this year. They are an exciting team and the combination of homeruns and a shutdown bullpen could take them a long way.

ChrisS

WKR
It just breaks my heart that the Yankees can't buy themselves a championship again this year......NOT! I'm loving that......
Ahem ...

1 Boston Red Sox $227,835,760
2 San Francisco Giants $207,021,720
3 Los Angeles Dodgers $194,207,955
4 Chicago Cubs $192,621,193
5 Washington Nationals $182,194,334
6 New York Yankees $177,656,917*
7 LAA Angels $173,449,651
8 St. Louis Cardinals $163,188,187
9 Houston Astros $160,973,132
10 Seattle Mariners $159,985,757

;)

* And a fairly sizable chunk of that is going to a guy who hasn't played a game this season and, overall, has been one of the very worst FA signings in the last two decades.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Ahem ...

1Boston Red Sox $227,835,760
2San Francisco Giants $207,021,720
3Los Angeles Dodgers $194,207,955
4Chicago Cubs $192,621,193
5Washington Nationals $182,194,334
6New York Yankees $177,656,917*
7LAA Angels $173,449,651
8St. Louis Cardinals $163,188,187
9Houston Astros $160,973,132
10Seattle Mariners $159,985,757

;)

* And a fairly sizable chunk of that is going to a guy who hasn't played a game this season and, overall, has been one of the very worst FA signings in the last two decades.
He's not going to play either, because their insurance policy on him is picking up most of that tab. If he plays, they have to pay him. You'll never see him on the field again. Ever wondered why he would be on the cusp of returning and then get hurt again? $15million insurance reasons why that happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
Not that great, but it’s working out great for us!! Sub 1 ERA through 4 starts and a dominating,complete game performance last time out. ;)

I hope he keeps it up. I love quiet confidence in a pitcher, Greinke gets a decent amount of cheers from me even when we play them.

A’s have an absolute canon playing in centerfield , Cespedes type arm kids fun to watch

elkyinzer

WKR
Pirates fell on their face again, at this point I pretty much root for the other smaller market clubs. I'd like to see this Cleveland team win this year I think. Definitely could pull for the A's too. Aside from the rivalry with the Cards I like how they put their teams together. Anybody but the Yanks and Red Sox. Astros are bigger market but have some players I pull for.

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
You Oakland fans have a lot to be excited for. I’m a life long Astro’s fan and you guys are screwing up our time! Lol. Oakland is a fun team to watch and used to be my American League team I rooted for before the Astros switched leagues. Going to be a fun home stretch with some good baseball

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
You Oakland fans have a lot to be excited for. I’m a life long Astro’s fan and you guys are screwing up our time! Lol. Oakland is a fun team to watch and used to be my American League team I rooted for before the Astros switched leagues. Going to be a fun home stretch with some good baseball

No doubt! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching the Astros come to fruition over the last four years. Fun club to watch. How can you NOT like them?

Cdpp880

WKR
Huge astros fan!!
If their bats can continue to get better everyone better watch out. Although the Yankees and RS are a little scaryer this year. I don’t think anybody in the NL has a chance in the WS this year.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Huge astros fan!!
If their bats can continue to get better everyone better watch out. Although the Yankees and RS are a little scaryer this year. I don’t think anybody in the NL has a chance in the WS this year.

No doubt! Al is stacked for sure. Of the 6 teams that have won over 80 games, nl has 1 and it’s 5th highest.

Gotta remember though anything and everything can happen in October baseball.

Takem

WKR
There are two season for me in summer and fall. Hunting season and baseball season.

Who are you rooting for and who do you predict for World Series.

As a diehard Oakland fan, I’m obviously rooting for them.

As far as World Series, again rooting for them but predicting Red Sox besting the cubs in 5.
j

Here we go again. Giants fan here hoping the A's can get a win in the wildcard (and beyond) this year. I like the A's team and I feel like I'm back to recognizing most of the faces again. Wouldn't mind catching a division series game in Oakland before I go to Colorado.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
As a Pirates fan. I have no idea what you all are talking about. I remember the 70's but it's getting harder.

Crusader

WKR
50+ years Cardinals fan here. Thrilled that they won the division; it was a squeaker coming down to the last day but they did it. Almost as glad that the Cubs lost and missed the playoffs than that the Cardinals won the division!

Not all that optimistic about their chances in the playoffs, but you never know. All about being hot at the right time (remember 2006!). So, we'll see....

i am a dodgers fan... when i was a kid i would visit my grandparents in LA and go to games so it stuck with me. i hate LA with every ounce of my being ... but i love the dodgers...
some of my fondest memories are sitting in deer camp or my cabin in september and october listening to baseball games on an AM radio. I actually still love listening to games on the radio as much as watching it. Deer hunting and October baseball, to me the two things go together.

Gulfgoose

FNG
i am a dodgers fan... when i was a kid i would visit my grandparents in LA and go to games so it stuck with me. i hate LA with every ounce of my being ... but i love the dodgers...
some of my fondest memories are sitting in deer camp or my cabin in september and october listening to baseball games on an AM radio. I actually still love listening to games on the radio as much as watching it. Deer hunting and October baseball, to me the two things go together.
Hopefully we'll be seeing y'all in the WS again this year. Go 'Stros!