Montana 2024 Spring Bear

Evening,

I am making some plans for the upcoming Montana spring bear season. How is the weather in the SW part of the state? I have been watching the snow data and it appears that it is melting. I saw temps in the 60's for this week. A friend of mine also said that Grizzlies have been spotted out and about. This thaw/melt going to push bears to move earlier? So far, I am planning mid-May, but I could possibly move it earlier. Last year I was out in mid-May and it was in the 60's all week I was there, then 30's the next. What's your opinion or insight?

Bead

FNG
Weather changes every 9 minutes here in SW Montana, I think may is a safe bet. It’s been a very mild winter (snow depth wise.) Be prepared for any weather as the forecast is usually unpredictable. Found these tracks at about 5,500 feet so I know the bears are out.

Attachments

• IMG_4186.jpeg
    IMG_4186.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 64
OP
stayzeroed
Weather changes every 9 minutes here in SW Montana, I think may is a safe bet. It’s been a very mild winter (snow depth wise.) Be prepared for any weather as the forecast is usually unpredictable. Found these tracks at about 5,500 feet so I know the bears are out.
Hahaha, judging by my friend's snapchat videos, that is so true about the weather. Thanks for sharing the track picture.